Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

I think there was a German model company a number of years ago that used plaster (?) molds on which the hull’s frames and planks would be laid. This, however, appears to be a more sophisticated version of that concept.
In fact, this is a derivative design of a very traditional manufacturing method. In the past, wood was used to make this framework, but it is very difficult to make it. We can make this process much simpler by using new methods.

Your kit model is coming along nicely. I see from the last picture included in this post that you are using Peter Goodwin’s fine book on the 1777 Alert and this picture is from pages 78/79 of the book. When you issue the kit I would strongly suggest you add a paragraph in the instructions giving credit(recognition)to this material as the source of your designs. This will go a long way towards making this kit even more accepted in the West. Just a suggestion.

I think there was a German model company a number of years ago that used plaster (?) molds on which the hull’s frames and planks would be laid. This, however, appears to be a more sophisticated version of that concept.
Hi Submarinerblue

Can we still find photos? Our designer wants to have a look. He wants to optimize the existing framework better. Thank you

Your kit model is coming along nicely. I see from the last picture included in this post that you are using Peter Goodwin’s fine book on the 1777 Alert and this picture is from pages 78/79 of the book. When you issue the kit I would strongly suggest you add a paragraph in the instructions giving credit(recognition)to this material as the source of your designs. This will go a long way towards making this kit even more accepted in the West. Just a suggestion.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and reminders. I think it is the most basic respect for the author to indicate the source of my design. Thank the author for bringing us such detailed information. We will note it later. Thank you again for your suggestions and reminders.

Hi Submarinerblue

Can we still find photos? Our designer wants to have a look. He wants to optimize the existing framework better. Thank you
Here is the webpage of GK Modellbau, but it will not really help you, I guess......they are using only a relatively simple negative form

Hi Submarinerblue

I never bought one of the Kammerlander kits. I was interested in their model of the cutter Duke William, but I found a review that showed that they had seriously misinterpreted the original plans and had the gunports where the deck beams should have been. So I didn’t get the kit.

Back