Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

Thanks for their interest and good advice, you say that Alert and Rattlesnake are very similar and of the same ship's class.
Then I think I can use the book (Alert) as a reference during the construction of Rattlesnake.
I'm going to build the model without rigging and carvings, it becomes a pretty model even if this is missing.
I will definitely try my out carvings but I do not know if it will be good enough for the model.

Jim, it will be a construction log, but it will be quite a while before construction starts, a lot of planning, studies, material choice ASO.

Uwe and Zoly, then you can build, Pigmy, Cockatrice, Alert.

Greeting-

Thanks for their interest and good advice, you say that Alert and Rattlesnake are very similar and of the same ship's class.
Then I think I can use the book (Alert) as a reference during the construction of Rattlesnake.
I'm going to build the model without rigging and carvings, it becomes a pretty model even if this is missing.
I will definitely try my out carvings but I do not know if it will be good enough for the model.

Jim, it will be a construction log, but it will be quite a while before construction starts, a lot of planning, studies, material choice ASO.

Uwe and Zoly, then you can build, Pigmy, Cockatrice, Alert.

Greeting-
We provide the basic kit. The joy of making is the process of transformation. :p

Trident, Sorry I spoke in your thread. I was wrong about your thread and the one about books.

For the class also exist the original drawings in the NMM and a copy of the sheer and profile drawing in danish archives. If you compare the both original drawings you find some small but interesting differences in the shape of the hull.
The hull shape shown in the AotS book which is mostly the same as an older reconstruction from the 1970th is not correct.
One of the interesting facts is the Marshall painting which is older than the design of Williams. Perhaps it is possible that Williams use this as a reference. But that must a historian research. I am more an ship modeler.

I am very impressed from the details you are showing in the kit. This should be a really fun build

Hallo friends,
just finished the Book Review / Look Inside of the Alert book

The Naval Cutter ALERT 1777 (Anatomy of the Ship)
by Peter Goodwin

IMG_24221.jpg IMG_24231.jpg

Please take a closer look in the Book Review area:

I am a hardworking ant. Move all the good things back!
Hi Sam. You are showing us not just a fine kit in development, you are also show us your great skills in ship modeling! No wonder many of us was intrigued by this kit. The deck framing is exceptional. Bravo! Honestly, cannot wait to receive this kit and start building. :cool:

May I suggest something, what is in my opinion very important and will, in addition with the high quality in preparation of the kit, definitely help to be a successful start for Trident models in the international market.
Please take only high or best quality timber - It is my personal opinion and experience from myself - with not the best wood, you can destroy the appearance of a kit model - so it will be the best advertisement, when customer open the box and will say: "Trident uses high quality timber!"
This is the first impression of a kit - and this impression will be mentioned by the modelers

Hi Sam. You are showing us not just a fine kit in development, you are also show us your great skills in ship modeling! No wonder many of us was intrigued by this kit. The deck framing is exceptional. Bravo! Honestly, cannot wait to receive this kit and start building. :cool:
Thank you, Jimsky! I often upload different kinds of ship model kits on the web, I am very happy that you like them.

May I suggest something, what is in my opinion very important and will, in addition with the high quality in preparation of the kit, definitely help to be a successful start for Trident models in the international market.
Please take only high or best quality timber - It is my personal opinion and experience from myself - with not the best wood, you can destroy the appearance of a kit model - so it will be the best advertisement, when customer open the box and will say: "Trident uses high quality timber!"
This is the first impression of a kit - and this impression will be mentioned by the modelers
I very much agree with your point of view! Because the Alert is entry-level kit, we take into account of the quality, the versatility and the cost-effectiveness of the wood. We chose the main wood of cherry wood.
Wood list (thickness):
1mm 1.5mm 2mm 2.5mm 3mm 3.3mm 4mm 5mm

The handrails were further fine-tuned to increase the space for sanding. The structures in the pictures were only polished by 120 mesh and 320 mesh sandpaper, so everything looked very rough. This is just the structural verification of the ship. When the ship is finished, the ship’s mission is completed.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Back