HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations!!Nicely finished model!
Congratulations on completing your beautiful model. Following, studying and reading through your log has been a pleasure for the past two years.
Dear Friends
thank you very much for your kind words and compliments :)
Your support along the way has helped a lot. I will be happy to meet you at the new project

Hello dear friends
Today I started the new Alert project.
first I read some of the blogs, and they were very helpful.
In the first step I completed the numbering of the parts in two boards out of the five components of the jig, not numbered. after that I started in the first phase of the jig building, I attaching a few pictures of the construction stages.View attachment 273914
View attachment 273915View attachment 273916View attachment 273917View attachment 273918View attachment 273919View attachment 273920
I have a few comments on the kit:
The kit does look promising and invested. Removing the parts from the jig boards is relatively easy, The difficulty is in connecting the different parts into each other. It does not go in smooth and requires effort and even widening the holes and since it is made of compressed cardboard it may even tear, see the picture
View attachment 273921
. I was able to catch up with the other parts and widtha glue.
Unfortunately I discovered that one part of the kit came damaged - a pear wood panel came out damaged as a kind of natural of the wood and no quality control was performed.
View attachment 273922
I would love to get a replacement board from the manufacturer.
I very much hope to enjoy this beautiful model, I would love to receive comments from your experience.:)
Good night friends
Best of luck with your build iam about half way fitting deck beams it's not been easy and I speak as a retired boatbuilder

Hi Shota,
I am missing the fotos of your finished model. Congratulations for finishing this beautyful model of the small cutter.
Do you have plans for your next model?
Shota started already a new building log of his next project, a scratch build Amarante

Sometimes I tell myself when I will have the privilege to meet the good friends from our amazing forum.
I know that we are scattered around the world, which is almost impossible, so I am toying with the idea of a trip around the world in which I visit and meet all those who would like to, even if for a few hours over a glass of wine or a beer and learn from each other and deepen the personal acquaintance.

It was excellent as part of the conference in Augsburg, Germany, where I met charming and amazing people in their extraordinary abilities. Perhaps in preparation for retirement in a few years I will try to advance the idea into action even if partially:)
My dear friend, our door is always wide open for you. I hope we have the opportunity to meet one day and I can offer you Turkish Raki and fish :) By the way, congratulations on completing your Alert. You have built a very nice model, my friend.

My dear friend, our door is always wide open for you. I hope we have the opportunity to meet one day and I can offer you Turkish Raki and fish :) By the way, congratulations on completing your Alert. You have built a very nice model, my friend.
Thank you very much, dear friend, for the kind words and compliments, as well as for the kind invitation, I will keep it for the future :) Thumbsup

My dearest Shota. My heartfelt congratulations on completing Alert. Your build is a great example of dedication, commitment and tenacity and has resulted in a beautiful model. You can be incredibly proud of what you have achieved. I will have to change tack and follow L'Amarante!

My dearest Shota. My heartfelt congratulations on completing Alert. Your build is a great example of dedication, commitment and tenacity and has resulted in a beautiful model. You can be incredibly proud of what you have achieved. I will have to change tack and follow L'Amarante!
my dear friend thank you very much for your kind words and compliments, I'm happy to have you back :)

Back