HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by Uwek

Hallo Zoly,
no I will not
In the past I put some very thin (30g/m2) paper in between the parts of the keel (see f.e. the La Salamandre)
View attachment 181805

but due to the fact that there was in original structure no caulking between these elements - I will not show them.
It is a pure question of taste....... and seems, that my taste changed with the time ...... let us see how often I will change by taste in future ;)
Ok thanks,I might use pencil

..and now they returned together with mysterious marks and signs - I´m dazed and confused. I´ll stop reporting about bold and not-bold letters, better take my lunch and a drink.

In this post I will show the finalization of the main jig

There are two additional elements at the stern to be installed, later as a base for the frames
View attachment 157966

one side installed
View attachment 157951

View attachment 157952

Now the final board on the top - BTW: no nipple for the frame spacing is breaking when you prepare these parts - the board material is very friendly to the modeler and the laser cutting very accurate - the material has a much better behavior than plywood - maybe an idea for other kit manufacturer ...

on the top of the photo you can see the longitudinal stiffener with it six supports - on the lower side already installed
View attachment 157953

View attachment 157954

View attachment 157955

View attachment 157956

the top board installed and fixed with the clamps - not glued
the construction jig is finished
View attachment 157957

View attachment 157958

in the following several views to get an impression of this interesting and promising construction
View attachment 157959

View attachment 157960

View attachment 157961

View attachment 157962

View attachment 157963

View attachment 157964

View attachment 157965

All together a very interesting small project in the project - well prepared and everything fitted very well
The future will show, if the model parts will fit also in this quality ....... the jig was already promising fun for the rest
I have just finished the jig very good sofar I found easing the slots made assembly better

Back