HMS ALERT 1777 Trident model by Yuhong [COMPLETED BUILD]

You want to build your next ship “more perfectly”? This I have to see! This build is outstanding and it’s like reading a book. Every photograph impresses my with your fine detail. What a craftsman!

Thank you for your kind words. This KIT is indeed a very good design. It's worth trying! I have just started building the model and there are still many areas that need improvement. The next one may be even better.
Best Regards Yuhong

This is a stunning buld. My only comment apart is that the copper roves should be on the frames, not the outer hull strakes.

Mike

A beautiful model, built to the very highest standard. Congratulations and many thanks for showing us.

This is a stunning buld. My only comment apart is that the copper roves should be on the frames, not the outer hull strakes.

Mike
I haven't been to the forum for a long time. Thank you for your compliment. I have indeed had this confusion. Exposed bolts will indeed be corroded by sea water. But after seeing the monograph, I decided to follow the instructions in the book. I also hope you can give more answers in this regard! Thank you, your friend Yuhong

exposed bolts like this would create a considerable amount of drag on the hull.
In tank testing kinda those bolts are used as turbolence generators to compensate smaller Raynold's numbers due to the reduced scale of the models. Even clink built wouldn't have worked greatly under that respect.

Last edited:
Back