Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert - List of members which are interested to buy the kit

Did customs try to wash the kit to get rid of virus traces???

At least the kit products were not damaged by the wetness of box.

Make sure you dry the box in fresh air to prevent mold or mildew build up in box and on parts inside.

I built an open frame model of Alert on the kitchen table 20 years ago when I was working overseas, just to fill in the time in Singapore where there are no long summer evenings and too many temptations for the single man!

I used the Anatomy of a Ship book as a reference. IMHO it is one of the most attractive hulls of the period and only an open frame shows this off to its maximum potential.

Needless to say, I look forward to building a more accurate version. Having reached the last quarter of a potential century on this little planet, and lost the sight in one eye, I feel I cannot attempt building one again from scratch, with all that that involves. Please put me on the list!

alert6.JPGalert5.JPGalert3.JPGalert2.JPGalert1.JPG

I built an open frame model of Alert on the kitchen table 20 years ago when I was working overseas, just to fill in the time in Singapore where there are no long summer evenings and too many temptations for the single man!

I used the Anatomy of a Ship book as a reference. IMHO it is one of the most attractive hulls of the period and only an open frame shows this off to its maximum potential.

Needless to say, I look forward to building a more accurate version. Having reached the last quarter of a potential century on this little planet, and lost the sight in one eye, I feel I cannot attempt building one again from scratch, with all that that involves. Please put me on the list!

View attachment 184260View attachment 184261View attachment 184262View attachment 184263View attachment 184264
You are added to the list,nice build by the way

View attachment 184260View attachment 184261View attachment 184262View attachment 184263View attachment 184264
Hallo Chris, alias @ChrisP ,
very good scratch model of the HMS Alert you are showing us.
So it will be a pleasure for you to build the very good kit - I am looking forward to see once your building log
BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:

Hallo Chris, alias @ChrisP ,
very good scratch model of the HMS Alert you are showing us.
So it will be a pleasure for you to build the very good kit - I am looking forward to see once your building log
BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:
many thanks. I'm watching the Alert build logs and salivating :)

.................... I've just received a parcel from JapanPost - Woody Joe 1674 Royal Yacht. Strangely the post office didn't ask me to pay VAT/customs duties which would have been significant, so I am quietly celebrating. :D

Last edited:
Hello Uwek,

I would like to buy this amazing kit. Could you give me some more information when/how to do this please?
Please add me to the list

Ciao

Andrea

Last edited:

Dear ChrisP
The model you built in the past looks very impressive. Wishing you success in the future project, you are moved in your words

Hello Uwek,

I would like to buy this amazing kit. Could you give me some more information when/how to do this please?
Please add me to the list

Ciao

Andrea
Hallo Andrea,
you are now added to the list.

Hallo Chris,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

As many you know Trident started selling the Alert kit to the members signed up on this list, I will keep update on the status , so check back here on this post frequently.

@SteveA - not responding
@Brian077 (not buying the kit)
@Submarinerblue (purchase completed)
@rpedersen (purchase completed)
@Jimsky (purchase completed)
@donfarr (purchase completed)
@SkyIsMine (purchase completed)
@Jock - not responding
@uri (purchase completed)
@danielw (purchase completed)

@procosmo (purchase completed)
@Buster3401 (purchase completed)