HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Everyone,
The next step was the production of the grating. I do this on the Proxxon milling machine. The board is made of maple or Boxwood 4.0 mm thick and is attached to the router table with double-sided adhesive tape

First Step:
The milling depth is 1.5 mm
The grid is 1.5 mm
Milling is done across the wood grain

ESC7370.jpg

ESC7371.jpg

step 2
Milling depth 3.0 mm
1.5 mm grid
Milling direction with the wood grain

ESC7372.jpg

ESC7373.jpg

The milled plate is carefully removed from the table and lightly sanded. The strips are 1.5 x 1.0 mm thick. I planed this to a thickness using jig for plane. These are then glued into the panel and sanded.

ESC7375.jpg

ESC7376.jpg

ESC7377.jpg

To be continued

Greetings
Lucius

Last edited:
Interesting way making the gratings, with a very nice end result! I am still doing the gratings on the 'old' way, those comb-like strips being made on the circular saw. Making them on Lucius's way I would be very much worried about the possibility of braking a few studs when milling the 2nd step.
János

Interesting way making the gratings, with a very nice end result! I am still doing the gratings on the 'old' way, those comb-like strips being made on the circular saw. Making them on Lucius's way I would be very much worried about the possibility of braking a few studs when milling the 2nd step.
János
The tenons can only break off with difficulty because the 2 milling passage is 3.0 mm deep. In addition, you should only use very hard wood. Then it will work

...I hope that everything I'm doing here is right.

When the drawing you use as a template is showing the real surface (echte Abwicklung - green line) I guess everything is correct.
If the drawing is a horizontal view on the stern (red line) the drawing is not showing the correct dimensions of the surface of the stern and you will have slightly differences - and your stern is getting a little bit too small
ESC7427.jpg

I guess it is mentioned and shown on the drawing

Very good work my friend - very accurate timbering work

Also all the Best to you and your family
Merry Christmas

Bellissimo,ottimo lavoro,continuo a seguire il tu wip con grande interesse !!

Beautiful, great job, I continue to follow your wip with great interest !!

Last edited by a moderator:
When the drawing you use as a template is showing the real surface (echte Abwicklung - green line) I guess everything is correct.
If the drawing is a horizontal view on the stern (red line) the drawing is not showing the correct dimensions of the surface of the stern and you will have slightly differences - and your stern is getting a little bit too small
View attachment 277539

I guess it is mentioned and shown on the drawing

Very good work my friend - very accurate timbering work

Also all the Best to you and your family
Merry Christmas
I stretched and adjusted the drawing. The frames were included in the plan as an individual drawing

Back