HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Sorry for the text in german, but my English is not good enough. I hope there are some members who can do this for me

Hallo zusammen,

ich möchte hiermit mal einen Baubericht meines neuen Projektes einstellen. Es handelt sich um die HMS Euryalus von 1803 im Maßstab 1:48. Es ist, wie auch in den Bauberichten zuvor, nicht mein Anspruch ein Museumsmodell zu erstellen, sondern das meine Hände dem folgen, was mein Hirn so vorgibt. Kurz gesagt; es geht mir mehr ums bauen als um geschichtliches. Ich hoffe Ihr könnt mir das verzeihen. Zur weiteren Vorgehensweise folgendes: ich werde Bilder ohne viel Text einstellen, da ich der Meinung bin dass Bilder manchmal mehr erzählen als Worte und ich auch ein wenig schreibfaul bin. Falls Fragen von Euch auftauchen werde ich versuchen diese so gut und ausführlich wie möglich beantworten. Ich bin jetzt ca. 1 1/2 Jahre intensiv (Corona macht möglich) mit dem Bau beschäftigt und hoffe, das Modell irgendwann einmal fertig zu bekommen.

Die HMS Euryalus war eine 36 Kanonen Fregatte der Apollo Klasse. Sie lief 1803 vom Stapel und nahm an der Schlacht von Trafalgar teil. Ebenfalls war sie im Krieg von 1812 sehr aktiv. 1847 wurde sie nach Gibraltar verlegt und diente dort weitere 13 Jahre als Prison Ship. 1859 wurde der Name des Schiffes auf „Africa“ geändert und 1860 verkauft und abgewrackt. Das Modell entsteht nach den Büchern und Plänen von Allan Yedlinsky und Wayne Kempson (Seawatch Books) im Maßstab 1:48. Ich werde versuchen das Modell ohne Beplankung, Bemastung und Takelage aber mit Inneneinrichtung zu bauen. Es soll das Ständerwerk bzw. das Holzgerüst im Vordergrund stehen um zu sehen wie früher die Schiffe gebaut wurden.

Das Modell hat eine Länge von ca. 1100 mm, eine Breite von ca. 280 mm und eine Höhe von ca. 300 mm.

Es beginnt mit dem Kiel

google (and Uwe) translation:

Hello, everyone,

I would like to post a construction report of my new project. It is the HMS Euryalus from 1803 in a scale of 1:48. As in the previous construction reports, it is not my aim to create a museum model, but rather that my hands follow what my brain dictates. Briefly I'm more about building than about history. I hope you can forgive me for that. To proceed as follows: I will post pictures without a lot of text, because I am of the opinion that pictures sometimes tell more than words and I am also a little bit lazy in writing. If you have any questions I will try to answer them as well and in detail as possible. I am now about 1 1/2 years intensively (Corona makes it possible) busy with the construction and hope to get the model ready one day.

The HMS Euryalus was a 36 gun frigate of the Apollo class. It was launched in 1803 and took part in the Battle of Trafalgar. She was also very active in the war of 1812. In 1847 she was moved to Gibraltar and served there as a prison ship for another 13 years. In 1859 the name of the ship was changed to "Africa" and in 1860 it was sold and scrapped. The model is based on the books and plans by Allan Yedlinsky and Wayne Kempson (Seawatch Books) on a scale of 1:48. I will try to build the model without planking, masting and rigging but with interior fittings. The structural work or the wooden framing should be in the foreground to see how the ships were built in the past.

The model has a length of approx. 1100 mm, a width of approx. 280 mm and a height of approx. 300 mm.

It starts with the keel

View attachment 259648
View attachment 259650View attachment 259651View attachment 259652View attachment 259653View attachment 259654

Best Regards
Lucius
Hallo my friend, Hallo @Lucius
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working actual on a project? Missing your progress reports

Hallo Lucius,

Is it possible to mention us a good address to order aluminum black by birchwood Casey
for my address in Belgium. Thanks in advance
Regards
Jan
Hallo Jan alias @Jansmiss
we wish you all tzhe BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back