HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

First my thoughts where "What an ugly underplank, for these nice beams". But surprise, surprise birds sand is doing the job to make it real. Yes I'm jealous again and still hate you [/sarcasme off] for this wonderful work you do. :) :) wow

Ruediger,
Very creative thinking and very realistic as well. I have to ask to learn from you. I am very intrigued. I would think you would have to leave the keel blocks in place while you treated the sand with diluted white glue. I'm imagining if you removed them the sand would fall into the gaps they left. How did you apply the diluted white glue and at the same time protect the timbers from it. Did you tape the keel blocks and spray.

To me this is like a magic trick. Please tell me how you pulled the rabbit out of your hat! :p

Thanks,
Ken

Ruediger,
Very creative thinking and very realistic as well. I have to ask to learn from you. I am very intrigued. I would think you would have to leave the keel blocks in place while you treated the sand with diluted white glue. I'm imagining if you removed them the sand would fall into the gaps they left. How did you apply the diluted white glue and at the same time protect the timbers from it. Did you tape the keel blocks and spray.

To me this is like a magic trick. Please tell me how you pulled the rabbit out of your hat! :p

Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken,

it's not magic.
I painted the assembled wood and the panel twice with Clou pore filler. After drying, I filled in and spread the sand. I applied the diluted white glue (1/3 glue, 2/3 Water and a few squirts of dishwashing liquid) to the sand with a large syringe. Then wipe off the excess glue from the wood with cotton wool. It is important to place the entire board on a flat surface and weigh it down with weights until it is dry. Otherwise the board will warp or become crooked. After drying, everything is sprayed with a clear silk matt spray lacquer from Clou.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Greetings
Ruediger

Hello everyone,
the next pictures of the stand.

ESC8147.jpg

ESC8148.jpg

ESC8149.jpg

ESC8150.jpg

ESC8152.jpg

ESC8153.jpg

ESC8155.jpg

ESC8156.jpg

ESC8158.jpg

ESC8159.jpg

ESC8161.jpg

ESC8162.jpg

These are the last pictures from the construction report. Thank you for your messages of praise, criticism and other things. I would be happy if you liked the report and if you can use some of it for your hobby. For now, I will photograph the model ship and possibly publish it in the gallery.
Many thanks.

Sorry, to be continued no more.

Greetings
Ruediger

Gratulation - zu diesem wunderschönen Modell
Freue mich schon auf die Schluß-Fotos
kann es kaum erwarten deinem nächsten Projekt zu folgen - es hat sehr viel Spaß gemacht deinem Baufortschritt zu folgen.

Back