HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

What does this with the wood. Is it a varnish or is it a wood protection like an oil?
Unfortunately there is no english web-page, but maybe you can translate it here

It is no varnish and also not an oil, it is preliminary simply a primer.
it is without any colour, but slightly darken the wood -> all models by Karl alias @Jeronimo are treated only with this primer without using anything else

Attachments

• 1495199030_640_tm-schnellschleif-grundierung.pdf
    298.1 KB · Views: 17
Ruediger,
The symmetry in your work is just crazy good. I look from port to starboard looking for any deviations anywhere and can find NONE! I am starting to think you are not human. (this is a compliment) :p Thumbsup

You managed to have a realy symetrical tops of the rail - very good result my friend

I can't remember seeing this thread before, but its really very good work. I love the "finish" to the wood, the detail is excellent and the scale will give something really impressive.

This helps me in an area I've always had some difficulty with. Finding a way to see in 3D from 2D plans. Since plans are in 2D, it takes at least 2, 2D plan illustrations to render 3D requirements. Melding it all to see it in 3D, in my mind's eye takes much practice for me. Sometimes I need a nap afterwards. ROTF

You show the plan's illustrations, translate them to your own drawings (this is the step that really helps). Then drawings into a physical 3D element.

Thanks for sharing your process Ruediger!

Dear Ruediger
you are doing amazing things , your work is very Wise and teaches us a lot about work methods, for which we are grateful :) Thumbsup

Back