HMS Grimsby-Constructo 1:65

I joined here late, I have the Hull done but there’s still alot to go. I moved 4 years ago, and I haven’t got back into the ship since. It was started in 1990, lol.
I used to work at a large Display Shop. There a guy that did our plexi work, made the case for me. I made up the base. We had a display once that used Sappele wood, I got a lot of scraps. Since some parts didn’t work out, I would cut new. I thought I had the main mast done but it’s missing some PCs. I need some supplies but now is prob a bad time, I imagine the places are closed, anyway, I got the build table set back up, and I’m here. Heres a few pics till I actually get building again. Plan is tobuild the last 2 masts, rig cannons in the decks, 6 you see, then do the rat lines wich scare me, lol. I’m not sure how to begin. I do have the plastic jig from Model Expo. I wonder if they are still in Buss.
after some research, It seems the ship never existed, I like the hull design, I found a few pics in a book I bought, ill post them.
I guess it’s a Cat design, Bark? Collier. Carried coal. Any info please post.View attachment 140856View attachment 140857View attachment 140858View attachment 140859View attachment 140860View attachment 140861
Hallo @Sea Burd ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hey thanks guys, with finishing up a huge project on my house, new GF,some things to do on both summer cars, I’ve been so busy I have t had a day on the Ship, but soon. It’s cooling off here, should be some ship time soon.
also, I made the mistake of building tone mast up completely, 2 not, I’ll see what is better, the only thing, flung it in PCs putting poly on it may be harder. Not sure. Next pics will be the rat lines. Stay tuned............

I joined here late, I have the Hull done but there’s still alot to go. I moved 4 years ago, and I haven’t got back into the ship since. It was started in 1990, lol.
I used to work at a large Display Shop. There a guy that did our plexi work, made the case for me. I made up the base. We had a display once that used Sappele wood, I got a lot of scraps. Since some parts didn’t work out, I would cut new. I thought I had the main mast done but it’s missing some PCs. I need some supplies but now is prob a bad time, I imagine the places are closed, anyway, I got the build table set back up, and I’m here. Heres a few pics till I actually get building again. Plan is tobuild the last 2 masts, rig cannons in the decks, 6 you see, then do the rat lines wich scare me, lol. I’m not sure how to begin. I do have the plastic jig from Model Expo. I wonder if they are still in Buss.
after some research, It seems the ship never existed, I like the hull design, I found a few pics in a book I bought, ill post them.
I guess it’s a Cat design, Bark? Collier. Carried coal. Any info please post.
Hallo @Sea Burd
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks guys, I need to get on the ship building. Had another big project at the GF’s place, then I just had shoulder surgery. I’m going to try to work on the ship since I can’t do anything else

Last edited:
Back