Hms Investigator, 1800, 1/48 scale built by neptune from plans by Robert Sexton.

Being 19, that was two years ago ;-). DIY, I know everything about it. Now already working for weeks in pur hall and building a new stairs to the attic. For the comming months still plenty of work.
Looking forward to your RC.

View attachment 27282
This is how I made the midship beam supports,

View attachment 27283
in place between the ports, on reflection maybe I should have made them a bit smaller

View attachment 27284
view from the bow, you can see the quarter deck sub deck waiting to be planked

View attachment 27285
the beams cut to size

View attachment 27286
I have installed the beams, the gangways, the fore deck and have planked them all,
I used black acrylic paint as the caulking, I clamp approx eight planks together on there
side and then paint them, it looks a bit messy when you lay the deck but cleans up OK.

View attachment 27287
View of the decks, nearly finished the clean up

View attachment 27288
after cleaning up.
Hi,you are very skilled,very nice to look at,looks so easy//Larsa

G'day Maarten, yes I've seen her a couple of times, the guy that I built her for lives approx 30 miles away from me, the copper still had it's shine and everything else looked good, I have got to get around to catching up on your Royal Caroline build, I've been busy this last week building or rather modifying our TV unit to be able to fit our new TV, a present to my Admiral and myself, catch up soon,
Best regards John,

View attachment 128946View attachment 128948
View attachment 128949
My Admiral approx 19, long time ago, she still looks beautiful today,
Hello John, Catching up to you again, golly that is a great picture of your Admiral at 19, I bet to you that this seams like yesterday and that she is even more beautiful today. Nice work on your TV stand it sure looks great. Did all of those forest fires and the flooding come close to you, I hope not.
Regards Lawrence

Hello John, Catching up to you again, golly that is a great picture of your Admiral at 19, I bet to you that this seams like yesterday and that she is even more beautiful today. Nice work on your TV stand it sure looks great. Did all of those forest fires and the flooding come close to you, I hope not.
Regards Lawrence

Thank you Lawrence for the nice comment about my admiral, she also said thank you, yes nearly 54 years ago, but as you say seems only like yesterday, we are lucky concerning the fires as we are down in the suburbs and not up in the hills, but the temps have really been high this year, things have cooled down a little bit thankfully, I hope this finds you and your lovely Admiral in the best of health, catch up soon,

best regards John,

I still have two pics to post, I understood that the ships cutter was lost along with eight crew while looking for fresh water, I assumed that they had probably made shore and were lost some time after, so I built a diorama of the boat on the beach along with the eight crew waiting for the tide to come back in so they could return to the ship, Matthew Flinders named the area Cape Catastrophe.

After doing a little more research it turns out the boat and it crew did not make it to the shore, the boat was overturned shortly after it was launched and the crew were drowned,

View attachment 27852
Overhead view,

View attachment 27853
and a front view,

This brings to an end the build log, thanks for all who have or will view it, best regards John.
Hi John,

Thank you for your detailed explanations on building your boat.

Lovely model of the Investigator and a lovely if not tragic diorama.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi John,

Thank you for your detailed explanations on building your boat.

Lovely model of the Investigator and a lovely if not tragic diorama.

Cheers,
Stephen.
Thank you Steve, I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and thank you for all the likes,
. Best regards John,

Back