HMS Mercury 1797 Shipyard 1:72

Hoi,
@ Dida, yes it is.:)
Now the upper side walls are up, i dubbeld the whales and the first layer of planking is started.
In the last minute i did decide to put in 2 leads for future lighting. got inspired here in this group. :D
20180130_143122 merc.jpg20180130_163404  merc.jpg

Gr. Jos.

Excellent job so far! I like working with paper-card ship kits but am quite a novice with them. The JSC kit of the SMS Goeben has me stumped right now, but I am working on solutions. I just bought the Model Shipyard kit of the HMS Cleopatra (28-Gun Frigate), so I will follow your thread with great interest.

Bill

...What worries me the most is the rigging, i`m a total newby. We`ll see, it is still a long way from now.
Hello Jos.
I am a newbie also. Currently building my first small boat which has rigging. I read somewhere on the Internet, to stop rigging from sagging, is to stretch the string for a few months. So now I have the string hanging over a door with a piece of metal tied to their ends, to weigh it down. If you wish, you can do that now, and hopefully it will be nicely stretched by the time you start rigging.

Here is mine at the moment.
yvJdn0z.jpg

Hello, that's fantastic! Finally, I find someone who also builds the 1:72 version of HMS Mercury from Shipyard. The hull looks great. The stove has to be looked at particularly thoroughly and for a long time - soon it disappears forever under the foredeck. :(
How is the current status here - have you continued to build since February?

Jos had a surgery,not sure how he is doing ,hopefully he is well ,lets wait for his reply.

Back