Dahai Model - New Design Hms Minerva 1780 POF Stern section

There are so many kit manufacturers out there and new ones coming onto the market on a regular basis and whilst they all have their own definitive advantages and disadvantages, they are all very much of a muchness.

But then ... for once, someone like @DaHaimodel comes along which truly elevates "kit" building into a new realm. All I can say to all SOS members, you are in for a very special journey here. First and foremost, @DaHaimodel pays meticulous attention to all licensing and copyright issues - which in my book at least - shows me that they are serious about furthering the hobby - they are not just here to make money. Look at almost every photograph they have posted during the development phase - each was captioned with a specific reference to what plans are used, the origin and source of the picture and so forth.

This is in stark contrast to other manufacturers who buy an Ancre Monograph or NMM plans for personal use, then start the development of a model which gets everyone excited and then when there are enough oohs and aahs, do they "reportedly" only start the issue of obtaining commercial licenses for those monographs and plans. Simply put, @DaHaimodel is different ... very different.

I for one welcome them with open arms to SOS and can say unequivocally that they have my full support and backing as long as they keep on doing what they are doing now. Just do not expect their product to come cheap. If you do, you sell yourself short ...

This is in stark contrast to other manufacturers who buy an Ancre Monograph or NMM plans for personal use, then start the development of a model which gets everyone excited and then when there are enough oohs and aahs, do they "reportedly" only start the issue of obtaining commercial licenses for those monographs and plans. Simply put, @DaHaimodel is different ... very different.

Heinrich ,anybody can develop anything they want ,no need for any licences,commercial licences are need if you want to sell

I would suggest that the moderators look into giving companies that have purchased the proper copyright licence for manufacturing models some sort of accreditation logo on their avatar.
It sounds good but not our job,we are not an authority on shipmodeling or licencing and nobody is ,although some crowds are acting like that Lol

Heinrich ,anybody can develop anything they want ,no need for any licences,commercial licences are need if you want to sell
Yes Zoly we all know anybody can buy plans - but plans for personal use and commercial licenses are two different things. Please read my post - that is exactly what I said.

Yes Zoly we all know anybody can buy plans - but plans for personal use and commercial licenses are two different things. Please read my post - that is exactly what I said.
Fair enough Heinrich ,I have misunderstood what you wrote.

There are so many kit manufacturers out there and new ones coming onto the market on a regular basis and whilst they all have their own definitive advantages and disadvantages, they are all very much of a muchness.

But then ... for once, someone like @DaHaimodel comes along which truly elevates "kit" building into a new realm. All I can say to all SOS members, you are in for a very special journey here. First and foremost, @DaHaimodel pays meticulous attention to all licensing and copyright issues - which in my book at least - shows me that they are serious about furthering the hobby - they are not just here to make money. Look at almost every photograph they have posted during the development phase - each was captioned with a specific reference to what plans are used, the origin and source of the picture and so forth.

I for one welcome them with open arms to SOS and can say unequivocally that they have my full support and backing as long as they keep on doing what they are doing now. Just do not expect their product to come cheap. If you do, you sell yourself short ...
Hear,hear Heinrich, well said.

I would suggest that the moderators look into giving companies that have purchased the proper copyright licence for manufacturing models some sort of accreditation logo on their avatar.
We welcome all kit manufacturers across the globe to share their products. It doesn't matter studio or large manufacturer, Serious or not so. As long as their products are properly licenced for commercial use. We don't involve in their development nor they asked us for the same.

Am I reading Jimsky right ?? Is this the new policy of the site ??

Back