Dahai Model - New Design Hms Minerva 1780 POF Stern section

I have been in touch with DaHai model. They are still finishing off the kits and should be available hopefully in a few weeks.
But not the whole kit,there will be 5-6 chapters and only the first chapter will be ready and the rest within 1-2 years in few months sequences

Hi all,
Many thanks to your attention. This project has been delayed for some time due to some reasons. Indeed, now that the project is in the progress of prototype, I am experimenting and optimizing the design. Now there are several sets of samples of the first chapter of stern section, including cant frames.
005.jpg

001.jpg

As you can see, I have pre processed many parts, that is, the so-called integrated parts, such as figure B, integrated dead wood & stern post with steps and notches, which are difficult to make by hand or take a lot of time. This time I also tested the integrated filling timbers, which looks good. Modeler can assemble it quicky .Compared with the traditional kit components in figure A, almost no need professional equipment such as milling machine, it is very difficult for the modeler only with ordinary skills to make it... Perhaps this is one of the reasons why POF is rarely completed.

Similar integrated design concepts are also reflected in some components, such as the cant frame in gun port in the figure below. The 3rd futtock and top timber are connected, but they will be finer, which is convenient for assembly but easy to be removed.

006.jpg

I also test the pre processed cant frame, and will provide many original design and assembly tools and methods, which can quickly and simply complete the assembly of the frame. This assembly tool is very simple and cheap, and it is almost easy to make it by yourself. I also provide pre processed anchor chocks, the frame I designed is almost un- simplified. Now the books and drawings on the market, even scratch build, are simplified. In addition to David's swan class, he introduced the production of non-simplified anchor chocks (by hand), but it requires very good skills, my method can make people who have never made ship models, after simple practice, can make a high-precision non simplified frame.
007.jpg

Please note that the splicing interface in the figure above is not vertical, but inclined. It is very difficult to process, even CNC. Therefore, almost all drawings and kits on the market have simplified this structure.

Indeed, my development is a little slow, but I keep optimizing my design. Filling transom has experienced four optimizations. Through the experiment, I only increase the left side, which can simplify the assembly. In the last optimization, I made reservations at both ends

1645244060087.png

1645242660220.png

The packaging being tested, using very light materials, can save expensive freight, although my own cost has increased.

I'm processing three sets of members' parts, and I'm expected to send them in the near future. I've also completed a set of Chinese modeler's parts, he will start his build log soon.

DaHai

Last edited:
This is a very good and long waiting piece of news, Dahai! The parts look precisely to fit, and the over appearance is awesome. No wonder members keep asking about the progress of your kit development. Please keep us informed, we would like to hear news more often. ;)

I haven’t found any information about that just yet. I’ll keep you posted when I do

Back