Dahai Model - New Design Hms Minerva 1780 POF Stern section

When you are interested in this ship or ships of her class please take also a look at our ship history topic I made some time ago

There you will find all historical information about all the ships of the class and also all available contemporary drawings, which were the basis of this kit

Are there and plans to make masts and standing rigging available?
Perhaps as an option.
Hi,

POF version, there will be no sails and rigging at present. But I'm negotiating with a member of the forum to develop the version of POB. There may be masts and rigging in the future But it depends on my partner, because I don't have enough energy now. At present, a set of sample kit has been sent to the modeler, who has started making stern section
1647962468091.png
The first chapter of another set of full kit will be sent out soon. He will verify the full kit, release his buildlog in SOS and feed back some information.

1647961364980.png

1647962229762.png

1647962297779.png

1647962356105.png

1647962608175.png

DaHai

Hi,

POF version, there will be no sails and rigging at present. But I'm negotiating with a member of the forum to develop the version of POB. There may be masts and rigging in the future But it depends on my partner, because I don't have enough energy now. At present, a set of sample kit has been sent to the modeler, who has started making stern section
View attachment 297662
The first chapter of another set of full kit will be sent out soon. He will verify the full kit, release his buildlog in SOS and feed back some information.

View attachment 297649

View attachment 297659

View attachment 297660

View attachment 297661

View attachment 297664

DaHai
Hopefully this kit will be available soon!!

There was 2-3 prototype beta version to build a pilot model.
Thank you to all members who pay attention to this project. Yes, it can not be sold yet, because the prototype has not been completed, and I have not received any deposit or advance payment. Now there are 2-3 sets β version will be sent to members for testing.

In addition, the POB kit, which is simpler and much cheaper than POF kit, is also under development.

1653889399924.png

1653889523612.png

1653889553045.png
Samples of pear wood /boxwood.
1653889610640.png

The proportion can be in mm / cm or ft according to the requirements of members
1653889434783.png

1653889860351.png

1653890339103.png

This is very good news, and we are glad to know that project is moving along. We would love to have an update more often in regards to development. ;)
@DaHaimodel the carvings are outstanding. Does the photo show just from CNC or part was cleaned\shaped before taking an image? Also, the cant frames angular processing made by CNC?

Thank you Jim (and for your 'likes':))
I simply polished the parts in Figure 1-3 with power brush, just to remove some burrs. Since it is processed by 3-axis, so its parts need extra processing. and indeed this is the cheapest processing method. If use 4-axis or even 5-axis, we will get very good results, but it will increase the cost, especially 5-axis. One method is to use 4-axis, which can get the result close to 5-axis processing, but the price is slightly higher than that of 3-axis. I show this sample, which means that the kit in the future can at least have the effect of 3-axis machining.

At present, the cant frames are processed (finish shaped/angular processing) by CNC, but the cost is also expensive. The cheap version needs to be manually formed.

Thank you Jim (and for your 'likes':))
I simply polished the parts in Figure 1-3 with power brush, just to remove some burrs. Since it is processed by 3-axis, so its parts need extra processing. and indeed this is the cheapest processing method. If use 4-axis or even 5-axis, we will get very good results, but it will increase the cost, especially 5-axis. One method is to use 4-axis, which can get the result close to 5-axis processing, but the price is slightly higher than that of 3-axis. I show this sample, which means that the kit in the future can at least have the effect of 3-axis machining.

At present, the cant frames are processed (finish shaped/angular processing) by CNC, but the cost is also expensive. The cheap version needs to be manually formed.
Thanks for the prompt response, DaHaimodel. I think, processing\cleaning the initial CNC parts is part of the fun along with the kit assembly. At the end of the day, a ship model kit assembly\build out is no way compared to Lego (no pun intended).

Today in Naval History - Naval / Maritime Events in History

3rd of June 1780 – Launch of HMS Minerva

j7943.jpg

d4842_3.jpg

Back