HMS Ontario 1780 Cross Section scale 1:32

rwiederrich

I've always enjoyed cross sections. some extreme modelers have to cover so much of their intricate detailing...this way we can see the fine details of the interior.

Nice job and finely done.

Rob

Mike41

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Thanks Rob,
A person needs to be selective when developing a new cross section, picking a unique detail or section of an individual ship that will separate it from the mass-produced kits.
Mike

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Mike41

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Hi Dave,
I finished the drawings of the Royal Caroline for Jeronimo this morning and am working on the Ontario this afternoon. I will try to post an update tomorrow. I hate playing stop and go on a project, but it seems to work out that way every time. I think this model will keep you busy for a while.
Mike

Norway

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Good progress Mike, a lot to learn here, nice technique for the support series assembly, look forward to seeing how you build the boats, greeting

Mike41

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Ships Boats:
The was designed to have four boats, two twenty-foot cutters and two sixteen-foot launches. I started with the cutters. I started the building jigs about 10am and by noon it was too hot to work in the garage, I am starting earlier today. These are the progress photos.
IMG_2659.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2661.JPG
IMG_2663.JPG