HMS Revenge Occre build

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

The overall patina of the ship is beautiful and consistent. You can well be satisfied (I am looking forward to the Batavia!)

Decided to do some mast work. The supplied trestle/cross trees were too flimsy, which were supplied in plywood, so I made them from solid walnut.

P1060919.JPG

The Occre rigging drawings show jeers/tackle only for the main yard but I believe ships of the era were using ties through hounds below the trees, so I've added that, will have to change things on the deck as well. I'm not really going for historical accuracy but will try where possible, when obvious. This is a learning kit for me.

P1060920.JPG

The supplied caps were also of poor plywood quality, so I made mine from 2 pieces of hardwood, will sand them further to look like one piece. The crows nest was also from plywood, but I was able to put it together without breaking anything, although very fidgety.
P1070083.JPG

Final result , dry fitted, as I'll make some small adjustments.
P1070084.JPG

Looking really good and following with interest, hope to see some more updates soon as I am about to start building this model, not sure I can match your workmanship though.
Cheers