HMS Revenge Occre build

The overall patina of the ship is beautiful and consistent. You can well be satisfied (I am looking forward to the Batavia!)

Decided to do some mast work. The supplied trestle/cross trees were too flimsy, which were supplied in plywood, so I made them from solid walnut.

P1060919.JPG

The Occre rigging drawings show jeers/tackle only for the main yard but I believe ships of the era were using ties through hounds below the trees, so I've added that, will have to change things on the deck as well. I'm not really going for historical accuracy but will try where possible, when obvious. This is a learning kit for me.

P1060920.JPG

The supplied caps were also of poor plywood quality, so I made mine from 2 pieces of hardwood, will sand them further to look like one piece. The crows nest was also from plywood, but I was able to put it together without breaking anything, although very fidgety.
P1070083.JPG

Final result , dry fitted, as I'll make some small adjustments.
P1070084.JPG

Looking really good and following with interest, hope to see some more updates soon as I am about to start building this model, not sure I can match your workmanship though.
Cheers

Hi my friend! A very happy birthday to you - I hope that the year ahead is a healthy one! I hope all is well and that you will soon join me at the work bench!

I wasn't very happy with the supplied coat of arms for the stern (transom) of the ship, so after much googling coat of arms for the era, I found an acceptable high quality picture, suited to the Revenge, downloaded it, sized it to fit and finally printed it at home on high quality photo paper. I'm quite happy with the result.View attachment 160173View attachment 160174
Could you please post that picture file of the Coat of Arms? I'd love to use that same image and technique on my model of Revenge. Love your work. Thanks!

Here's the coat of arms Darius. Hope the quality remains once posted. I've been away awhile but been keeping an eye on things. Hopefully getting back to the Revenge shortly. House full of returned kids atm and a bunch of grandkids. It's all good though.
Thanks for birthday wishes fellow Scalers. Cheers.

View attachment 437521
Thanks! This is a great improvement over the original graphic provided in the OcCre kit.

Back