MarisStella - New Kit HMS Speedy 1:48

www.marisstella.hr/eng

Maris Stella Ltd is pleased to announce the addition of the HMS Speedy, HMS Vensejo and HMS Sophie Brig-Sloops, in 1:48 scale, to its model ship kit line. Speedy and Vensejo have been heavily researched. HMS Sophie is our version of the fictional Brig-Sloop, representing a combination of the two, described in a novel by Patrick O'Brian. The Maris Stella kit version of HMS Speedy uses the sail plan, rigging, armament and flagging as of her original commissioning. To maximize authenticity, we have freshly designed all cannon, carronade and swivel guns for the three kits, each of the type, weight and time frame appropriate, using Armstrong and Blomefield construction formula, historical patterns and photos of antiques.

Maris Stella kits are suitable for intermediate level modelers. For those who want to go a step beyond, we are providing copper hull plates, details on period appropriate stains and paint schemes, and rigging rope diameter information. Anticipated order of release is Speedy, Vensejo and Sophie, in that order, in a time frame from 2018 through the first half of 2019.

This HMS Speedy model will be a market-class leader. Our three-dimensional modeling of the Admiralty draughts and the kit’s plank on bulwark hull construction with 19 bulkheads makes it easy for even casual modelers to achieve the original hull lines with great accuracy.

At this time, I only have permission to show a few of instruction book draft 3D renders of HMS Speedy. Note how the model achieves the novel look and feel of the Speedy-Class Brig!

View attachment 94111View attachment 94112View attachment 94113View attachment 94114View attachment 94115

Regards,
MarisStella model ship kits
Personally there's good news and bad. Speedy is my next planned build. It could have had novelty value, there can't be many of them? Now there'll be hundreds!

I have to add something in my statement to be more clear ... ... When I'm talking about a POF model, that includes planking: at least half of the model, complete equipment of masts and yards, ropes and sails, guns etc. ... Most of the brigs and frigates had copper plating (included)... Complete admiralty model is what I was talking about...
... of course, versions with less elements also include different cost of production... Small ships, like those with decks about 24-25m long, have smaller number of elements, so it is expected that the production price is lower than the price of the frigates ...

Greetings Maris Stella

It is very quiet since your announcement in early spring. Can you give us any updates, pictures etc ???
Got a reply last week, no exact date but soon!! POB I believe. I'm quite happy to go for a kit, it'll save time. Since I intend mounting it on a sea under sail with home made crew the time consuming work is all in the presentation.

Hallo @MarisStella , Hallo Zoran,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Celebrate your special day - only once in life we get 50 - but now the life really starts (I know very well)

Birthday-Cake

Last edited:
Thank You all very much !! ... In this moment we have some good news that could be interesting.... Speedy and an another nice lady are ready to be shown , on the shelves actually ... This will be announced shortly ....

Zoran

Now I am looking forward to see the real kit and its parts

When I read this information about the kit, it is hard to wait to see these parts, especially how the 3D-printing elements are done

Novelty in the Model Ship Kits' world :
...SLA 3D printing technology
... ...stereolitography
... ... ...photo-polymer resin (liquid)
... ... ... ...28 3D printed parts enclosed in the kit.
Photo etched sheet :
...89,7mm x 282,6mm brass.
15 laser-cut sheets :
...7 large sheets ; 5 medium-sized sheets ; 3 small sheets.
Instruction booklet : new technique of instruction making :
...6 sheets of clear short text ;
... ...20 A4 gray-scale cad illustrations ;
... ... ...98 A4 color cad illustrations.
Wood, fittings and rope are the first class quality.

Congratulations Zoran, looks like a beautiful kit you are offering
I made a new kit announcement about it

Back