HMS ST. Lawrence

John Reid

even though Kingston Naval yard was a royal English yard most of the shipwrights were French from Quebec. The shipwright who built the St Lawrence William Bell was Irish who worked in a French yard in Quebec and I think his brother John had a yard in Quebec.
could be why the framing of the St Lawrence was a French system of framing and not the standard English bends and filler system.
Thank you, lots of great info here.

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hallo John,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your day

Birthday-Cake

Norway

Blandford
Blandford Group Build

Happy birthday John, have a nice celebration, greetings-

John Reid

We are now in the process of downsizing so my actual building of the St. Lawrence will be put on hold for now. It may be a little late to start such a big project anyway as I have recently developed COPD which makes it hard to get around now. Cheers John.

NMBROOK

Staff member

A thoroughly interesting project.You have my deepest sympathy John as I have a few friends with COPD and I also went through tests as the doctor believed I may have contracted the disease.All I can say is give it a little time for yourself to get used to your limitations and how to work around them.

Kind Regards

Nigel

John Reid

Thank you so much, Nigel, for your kind words. I quit smoking 40 years ago but the body never forgets. I can't complain though my hands and eyes are still ok and I have never had a serious till now. Cheers! John.