I would like to introduce to my friend Patrick,

I would like to introduce to my friend Patrick, who builds miniature ship models and also pond boats, specifically fishing boats, Pat doesn't use plans just photo's and as he says he just eyeballs it till it looks right,

If this is in the wrong area feel free to move it,

1.jpg
This is one model that Pat is building at the moment, I forgot to ask what type of ship, I will find out and post it later,

2.jpg
overall view of the model and masts,

3.jpg
next few pics are various views of the model, hope you enjoy,

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
and a finished model of a Steam Drifter in its case, Patrick is just coming up to his 90th Birthday,

I most certainly do! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I have never before heard of such a variety of junk - but it obviously makes a lot of sense. The detail is amazing - even right down to the symbolic "eye" so typical in the construction of Chinese and Vietnamese junks.

I most certainly do! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I have never before heard of such a variety of junk - but it obviously makes a lot of sense. The detail is amazing - even right down to the symbolic "eye" so typical in the construction of Chinese and Vietnamese junks.
Heinrich if you google Foo Chow Pole Junk it will bring up some pics of the full size Junk, and the pics of the first boat Pat is holding is of a Schooner, Patrick said to say thank you for the comment's and likes,
Best regards John,

I would like to introduce to my friend Patrick, who builds miniature ship models and also pond boats, specifically fishing boats, Pat doesn't use plans just photo's and as he says he just eyeballs it till it looks right,

View attachment 237426
This is one model that Pat is building at the moment, I forgot to ask what type of ship, I will find out and post it later,

View attachment 237427

View attachment 237428

View attachment 237429

View attachment 237430

View attachment 237431

View attachment 237432

View attachment 237433

View attachment 237434
and a finished model of a Steam Drifter in its case, Patrick is just coming up to his 90th Birthday,

Pretty good eyeballs I'd say!!
Amazing that Patrick can do this without plans. Congratulations.

View attachment 237426

View attachment 237427

View attachment 237428

View attachment 237429

View attachment 237430

View attachment 237431

View attachment 237432

View attachment 237433

View attachment 237434

Hi John,

Thanks for the introduction, really amazing work from Patrick without plans makes it even more incredible!!

With an eye like that was Patrick a merchant seaman by any chance.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Thanks so much for posting this. Showing Patrick skills to us.
It reminds me of my 'old master' in model building, many years ago. An old navigator who had sailed on clippers under sail. He also had such an eye for details and preferred to build from scratch.
Hope Patrick, you and all the other builders, will build on for many years.
Regards, Peter

Back