INTRODUCTIONS

Wife was busy, so my 3 year old granddaughter took my picture with ship! Not bad actually! ;)
I include one pic of my workshop as well.
View attachment 201612View attachment 201613
Workshop???? It looks more like an office to me, fine furnishings, vacuumed carpet, no matte of dust thanks to a hidden vacuum. Mine is the opposite side of the moon in comparison and my wife asks me most of the time to take our 14 month young Lab in with me so as to not have the pup constantly noisily demanding her attention. Somehow with me she sleeps most of the time which is a blessing as the Lab likes to chew up and swallow everything that she can reach! Bluenose may be on the floor but she will rise to your "bench" very quickly and appreciate the careful attention that she receives. Rich (PT-2)

Workshop???? It looks more like an office to me, fine furnishings, vacuumed carpet, no matte of dust thanks to a hidden vacuum. Mine is the opposite side of the moon in comparison and my wife asks me most of the time to take our 14 month young Lab in with me so as to not have the pup constantly noisily demanding her attention. Somehow with me she sleeps most of the time which is a blessing as the Lab likes to chew up and swallow everything that she can reach! Bluenose may be on the floor but she will rise to your "bench" very quickly and appreciate the careful attention that she receives. Rich (PT-2)
Lol...you can call it a work area if you prefer, I usually call it my hobby room. It’s a room in the house, so it’s climate controlled. The cabinets with glass doors are for storage of my hobby supplies. Keeps my paint brushes and other items dust free. I do art work as well. I actually don’t like the carpet as it has swallowed many small parts that I had to try to find when dropped. But I keep a clean work area for assembly, free of dust and wood shavings because glue, paint and stain need a clean surface. You can’t do surgery in a dumpster! ;)
But I have all my supplies within reach so I can work efficiently. That’s my preference.

@Canoe21 Hello Lawrence - what a beautiful white Christmas you had. That is something I have never experienced in my life - despite all my travels and tribulations the world over!
Lawrence, I am envious of your white Christmas. Growing up all of my life in Utah, Montana, and now Oregon we always had snow for most of the winter but in recent years with global warming we have only receive an occasional couple of inches a couple of times in the winter except we are now being cursed with freezing rain a couple of times each winter which accumulates up to an inch thick and brings down a lot of branches, shrubbery, and some trees. I need to keep my chainsaw ready. Luckily for our two children when they were young we had the deep depositions in the winter so that they could build snowmen, igloos, and snow fortresses for neighborhood snowball battles up and down the streets along with sledding down sloping front yards. Great stuff except for the shoveling as it was always manual work not having a blower. Oregon snow in the Willamette Valley is typically wet and heavy making for slow progress and an ice layer on the pavement when shoveled off with daytime melting and nighttime freezing. Nice to have our hobbies to stay inside and not get tied down to commercial TV. Oh the stories could go on for longer than attention tolerates. Have a good 2021 with successful ship builds and other projects. Rich

Lol...you can call it a work area if you prefer, I usually call it my hobby room. It’s a room in the house, so it’s climate controlled. The cabinets with glass doors are for storage of my hobby supplies. Keeps my paint brushes and other items dust free. I do art work as well. I actually don’t like the carpet as it has swallowed many small parts that I had to try to find when dropped. But I keep a clean work area for assembly, free of dust and wood shavings because glue, paint and stain need a clean surface. You can’t do surgery in a dumpster! ;)
But I have all my supplies within reach so I can work efficiently. That’s my preference.
Your art work is beyond words in the range and styles that you create from the details in the butterfly wings to the specular highlights in your granddaughters eyes and on the other range of your spectrum are the road-rods with their own details and character. You are very talented shipmate but is that part of the Texan in you? Rich

HEINRICH, RICH, DEAN AND ALL LAWRENCE I HAD NOT SEEN SNOW IN OVER 60 PLUS YEARS TILL MOVING TO KANSAS ALREADY HAD 3 GOOD ONES, ALL LAST YEAR ONLY A COUPLE, THE ONES THIS YEAR MELTED WITH IN A DAY BUT OH MY THE ICE UGH, I HAVE NOT BEEN OUT MUCH DUE TO COVID 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 9 MOS, THANKS TO JESUES FOR THIS HOBBY OR I WOULD BE IN A BAD WAY, DAUGHTER=IN-LAWS (NURSE) ADVICE LOTS OF MODELS AND LOTS OF TOOLS TOOK HER ADVICE, HOPE TO COMPLETE SOME INCLUDING THE BLUENOSE LOOK FOR MY INTR AND START OF LOG TOMORROW PLUS LOTS OF TOYS ALSO. GOD BLESS ALL STAY SAFE DON

Your art work is beyond words in the range and styles that you create from the details in the butterfly wings to the specular highlights in your granddaughters eyes and on the other range of your spectrum are the road-rods with their own details and character. You are very talented shipmate but is that part of the Texan in you? Rich
Thank you for the compliments Rich, I’m a bit confused with your question. Are you asking if my state of residence has any influence on my artistic abilities?

Thank you for the compliments Rich, I’m a bit confused with your question. Are you asking if my state of residence has any influence on my artistic abilities?
In jest and having been around some Texans in the service they always told me that coming from Texas they would certainly do everything bigger and better than any non-Texan. It was a friendly recollection when I saw and are seeing your excellent skills. No offence or confusion intended. Rich

HEINRICH, RICH, DEAN AND ALL LAWRENCE I HAD NOT SEEN SNOW IN OVER 60 PLUS YEARS TILL MOVING TO KANSAS ALREADY HAD 3 GOOD ONES, ALL LAST YEAR ONLY A COUPLE, THE ONES THIS YEAR MELTED WITH IN A DAY BUT OH MY THE ICE UGH, I HAVE NOT BEEN OUT MUCH DUE TO COVID 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 9 MOS, THANKS TO JESUES FOR THIS HOBBY OR I WOULD BE IN A BAD WAY, DAUGHTER=IN-LAWS (NURSE) ADVICE LOTS OF MODELS AND LOTS OF TOOLS TOOK HER ADVICE, HOPE TO COMPLETE SOME INCLUDING THE BLUENOSE LOOK FOR MY INTR AND START OF LOG TOMORROW PLUS LOTS OF TOYS ALSO. GOD BLESS ALL STAY SAFE DON
Don you have an angle or angles hovering over your main mast with guidance from a higher leader. I know that you will and have listened to your daughter-in-law's advice with your ship building hobby kits and "toys". Stay safe and healthy shipmate. Rich

Wife was busy, so my 3 year old granddaughter took my picture with ship! Not bad actually! ;)
I include one pic of my workshop as well.
View attachment 201612View attachment 201613
Hi Dean,
Nice to see you with the Bluenose and the room your working in. I do it also in ‘my office’. And working in a clean area is what I also prefer.
A hard surface on the floor has also a disadvantage: falling parts jumps away and are then also hard to find ;).
Regards, Peter

In jest and having been around some Texans in the service they always told me that coming from Texas they would certainly do everything bigger and better than any non-Texan. It was a friendly recollection when I saw and are seeing your excellent skills. No offence or confusion intended. Rich
Lol...arrogant Texans...ha ha! I’m far to modest to talk or think like that! But I get it now! ;)

Wow, I’m amazed every day to see and read about all the talent that contributes to the Forum. Dean, those sketches are fantastic and like Heinrich I’m a street rod fan. Btw, we had over 24” of snow on the ground the day before Christmas but a major Northeast storm on the 24th through the Christmas day dropped over 2 1/2 inches of rain and washed the snow away. So we missed out on the “Bing Crosby, White Christmas “.

Jan

Back