INTRODUCTIONS

HI ALL, WILL POST AN INTR TOMORROW ALONG WITH PICTURES OF WORK AREA, IN THE MEANTIME LETS GET MORE LOGS STARTED EVEN JUST TO SAY I WILL BUILD THIS IS MY LOG THE MORE THE BETTER SOS THEN CAN SHOW ANOTHER FORUM WHAT A GROUP BUILD LOOKS LIKE NOT AS A DICTATOR BUT AS A GROUP HELPING EACH OTHER JUST START THE LOG EVEN IF NOT READY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

HI ALL, WILL POST AN INTR TOMORROW ALONG WITH PICTURES OF WORK AREA, IN THE MEANTIME LETS GET MORE LOGS STARTED EVEN JUST TO SAY I WILL BUILD THIS IS MY LOG THE MORE THE BETTER SOS THEN CAN SHOW ANOTHER FORUM WHAT A GROUP BUILD LOOKS LIKE NOT AS A DICTATOR BUT AS A GROUP HELPING EACH OTHER JUST START THE LOG EVEN IF NOT READY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Request heard and will be followed . . . even though my start will be abaft finishing my present POB Bluenose which is progressing slowly but with time each day barring emergency ports along the way. Rich (PT-2)

Let me introduce

myself. My name is Henk Liebre, 64 years old and I live in Amersfoort the Netherlands

I received my Bluenose kit yesterday, thank you Heinrich for your help.
Two years ago I was hit by a cerebral infarction, after 1.5 years of rehabilitation I am at home, because of my condition my English is not very good but I try.
I started with plastic and have a report on the Dutch model forum
Kit.JPG
See the pictures

When this project is finished I will start with the Bluenose
Regards
Henk

Last edited:
A very warm welcome Henk! I have already posted on modelbouwforum.nl where I am happy to see that you and @Peter Voogt Peter are keeping the Bluenose flag flying. Enjoy your build - and please remember - we have a wealth of experience and advice here, so just give a shout-out when unsure of something.

Thank you Heinrich,

I follow the posts of all builders here on the forum now

I know you are very busy, and I am in no rush at all, but I hope you will continue to post your manuals in the future.
I just read the post from Dean # 183, I get lost a bit….

Greetings Henk

I am Finn Brudevold, 74 years old and living in Rhode Island, USA.
(Originally from Norway)
Near Newport, of Americas Cup fame. Herreshof Cup museum down the road.
Long since retired from engineering and about to build my first ship model.
Received my BN almost a week ago.
Did inventory and started familiarize myself with the kit and the SOS translations.
So far all good. Love CAD design accuracy and drawings.
The first 30 ribs in the jig with the keel.

Stay healthy, Finn

(Originally from Norway)
Did inventory and started familiarize myself with the kit and the SOS translations.

Stay healthy, Finn
Start a build log if you want. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. And welcome aboard!

(Originally from Norway)

Stay healthy, Finn
Nice to have you aboard. Safe and happy adventures in your 1st ship build.

(Originally from Norway)

Stay healthy, Finn
Hello Finn.
Nice you started with your BN.
I will ad you to the BN-list. Your kit (with a letter?) had a kit-number?
Regards, Peter

Received my Bluenose this morning thank you Heinrich and Xilinx just want to introduce my self , Retired Master Mariner FG , 71 years young , spend my leisure time with my wife travelling and Cruising , my hobbies also include Cooking (Indonesian) learned during my stint in the Merchant Navy , born in the Netherlands almost half a century ago , unfortunately we had to sell our Yacht ( Hunter376) so plenty time to spend on the smaller ones.
We live just north of Sydney ( Church Point) and members of the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club In Newport

Attachments

• 50862788-5E37-43CF-A3FA-956BE8E196EC.jpeg
    50862788-5E37-43CF-A3FA-956BE8E196EC.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 9
@Robertd Hello Robert. That is wonderful news. We dispatched your Bluenose on the 23rd of February and she is already in Australia !!!:) I can assure you that is one of the fastest deliveries to Australia I have yet seen. :) Many congratulations and thank you for the introduction. Enjoy your time spent with her!

Received my Bluenose this morning thank you Heinrich and Xilinx just want to introduce my self , Retired Master Mariner FG , 71 years young , spend my leisure time with my wife travelling and Cruising , my hobbies also include Cooking (Indonesian) learned during my stint in the Merchant Navy , born in the Netherlands almost half a century ago , unfortunately we had to sell our Yacht ( Hunter376) so plenty time to spend on the smaller ones.
We live just north of Sydney ( Church Point) and members of the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club In Newport
Hello Robert,
Nice to read the story behind the ‘upcoming’ builder of this BN :).
Regards, Peter

Hi all.
I have recently recieved my bluenose #53, all safe and sound. A big thanks to Heinrich for all the swift arrangements and wonderful communications. Also, thanks to those on the group who so warmly welcomed me.
I believe introductions are in order. My name is Gavin and I am a 60 year old plastic surgeon in private practice in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The hard lock down with Covid left me with more time than I was used to and this was rapidly filled with model plastic building - pretty much everything from aircraft, military, vehicles, sci-fi (Star Wars of course and being of that age, everything to do with Apollo missions etc). I am pretty interested in historical research around the builds so warbirds (WW1 and 2) are particularly interesting for me. I usually prefer 1/48 and 1/32 scale.
In late 2020 and then in mid 2021, I tackled the Artesania Latina Red Baron and then the Sopwith Camel.
About 6 months ago or so when visiting the local hobby store, I came across the Artesania Latina Red Dragon 1/60 which was my first wooden ship build. I really loved the build and spent a little more time with detailing. I then thought that the Artesania Titanic lifeboat build would be relatively straightforward and that the clincker hull would be fun. Needless to say, this was extremely challenging and humbling for me and should come with a warning label - "for modelling masochists only" (especially if you are attempting some sort of scale build).
After this second build, I am hooked on the wooden ship builds (a bit strange for a "plastic" surgeon).
Current build: Artesania latina HMS Endeavour 1/65
When I saw the QuangYing Bluenose, it was love at first sight. The build looks quite daunting at this stage and the Chinese instructions are beyond me.
I will definitely advice on how to move forward with the build and will have to draw on the experience of members of the group. I am really grateful for such a group as this and look forward to sharing this journey.

Thanks all,
Gavin

Hi all.
I have recently recieved my bluenose #53, all safe and sound. A big thanks to Heinrich for all the swift arrangements and wonderful communications. Also, thanks to those on the group who so warmly welcomed me.
I believe introductions are in order. My name is Gavin and I am a 60 year old plastic surgeon in private practice in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The hard lock down with Covid left me with more time than I was used to and this was rapidly filled with model plastic building - pretty much everything from aircraft, military, vehicles, sci-fi (Star Wars of course and being of that age, everything to do with Apollo missions etc). I am pretty interested in historical research around the builds so warbirds (WW1 and 2) are particularly interesting for me. I usually prefer 1/48 and 1/32 scale.
In late 2020 and then in mid 2021, I tackled the Artesania Latina Red Baron and then the Sopwith Camel.
About 6 months ago or so when visiting the local hobby store, I came across the Artesania Latina Red Dragon 1/60 which was my first wooden ship build. I really loved the build and spent a little more time with detailing. I then thought that the Artesania Titanic lifeboat build would be relatively straightforward and that the clincker hull would be fun. Needless to say, this was extremely challenging and humbling for me and should come with a warning label - "for modelling masochists only" (especially if you are attempting some sort of scale build).
After this second build, I am hooked on the wooden ship builds (a bit strange for a "plastic" surgeon).
Current build: Artesania latina HMS Endeavour 1/65
When I saw the QuangYing Bluenose, it was love at first sight. The build looks quite daunting at this stage and the Chinese instructions are beyond me.
I will definitely advice on how to move forward with the build and will have to draw on the experience of members of the group. I am really grateful for such a group as this and look forward to sharing this journey.

Thanks all,
Gavin
A very nice introduction of yours, Gavin. Welcom and have a nice time with the build and with the stay on this SoS.
Ps: I suppose you have found the translations?
Regards, Peter

Back