INFO It’s already over the 17.000

Maybe we should rethink about the name of this thread ……..
We are already over 16,000!!! :)
View attachment 435167
Given the growth, we can continue to change every few months. ;)
For me it’s not a problem, it remains nice to see that so many builders appreciate this site.
Regards, Peter
thank you for bringing this to our attention, Peter! I made changes to accommodate this.

I joined because Model Ship World was terrible. They were not welcoming and hundreds of rules to follow. No china kits. No posts on selling kits unless you have met a threshold yadda yadda. The amount of rules on their site to follow is blinding. Anyone just browsing would say this isn't for me and seems stuffy. They were also very rude to me and not understanding. Its ship modeling for goodness sake. Get over it, the hobby is shrinking!
Here I can be free. This site is awesome and the nicest people I have talked with. Keep it up and don't change a thing. I think thats why it is so special and growing. I am glad I found a home.

I joined because Model Ship World was terrible. They were not welcoming and hundreds of rules to follow. No china kits. No posts on selling kits unless you have met a threshold yadda yadda. The amount of rules on their site to follow is blinding. Anyone just browsing would say this isn't for me and seems stuffy. They were also very rude to me and not understanding. Its ship modeling for goodness sake. Get over it, the hobby is shrinking!
Here I can be free. This site is awesome and the nicest people I have talked with. Keep it up and don't change a thing. I think thats why it is so special and growing. I am glad I found a home.
Modelship is a highly commercial boosted site, not very different from Ship of Scale under this respect, but the Companies supporting the site are mainly from UK and USA (Syren by Passaro and Vanguard Models, by Watton). It is pretty obvious they aren't very warm to Chinese Companies and their customers. As an exemple, I read that Passaro considers the Hayling Hoy kit as an infringment of Antscherl's copyright on his own monograph, ignoring how many copies (undreds, thousands?) of that book have been sold all over the world thanks to Dry Dock Models, nor how different is the kit and its design from Antscherl's work. I think that the loss of competitiveness due to VAT, duties, charges and shipping costs, especially for the British companies with their tiny internal market, make them a little upset.

Last edited:
Pssssst …… Jim ……..It’s already over the 17.000 ……. ;) :) :D
Regards, Peter
WOW...time flies...17.000 That's a lot of friends out there. I've updated the header, but please don't let the admins and mods know. I guess it is their responsibility to watch! ;)

Back