Kit-Bashing the King of the Mississippi Riverboat (7/21/20)

Part is here,

That's my first love, trains. I've been to many shows myself here in the central Arkansas area.
After loosing everything I own a few years ago I had to adapt to virtual trains. I could never replace the thousands of dollars I lost at my age now sooo, I went virtual.(Apartment fire. 16 families all survived. Two 8 unit buildings to the ground.)

It was 1:30 in the afternoon and I was in bed sleeping. I worked a graveyard shift and went to bed everyday at 12 noon. I was abruptly awakened by a fireman beating on my door. I ran to see what was going on with all the beating. He said I had to evacuate immediately and don't get dressed, just get out. I ran back into the bedroom, slipped on a pair of shorts, grabbed my money stash, slid on a pair of slippers and grabbed a robe then ran out the door. I could barely see with all the smoke and the fireman guided me out to the parking lot as the fire kept coming! I saw that my car was going to get it too so I jumped in and drove over the lawn to safety then walked back to watch everything go up in flames.
That was 9 years ago at the age of 61 and I'm still restarting my life all over again at 72.
What a devastating experience.
I thank Jesus for my life is all I can really say. I'm still here and kicking. I guess He doesn't want me yet. ;)

Dear Rick
This is indeed a very unfortunate event, especially in light of the proverb:
My house is my castle.
You deserve a lot of appreciation for being able to establish for yourself what the destruction of the house and the hardships in the heart that probably accompany it as you describe.
Life teaches us the well-known message: "Seven times a righteous man will fall, and rise"!

And thank you to God who leaves you with us for many years to come, whom I wish you to go through with happiness and much creation

Guess what now... I had gone shopping a couple of days before it happened... Spent close to $100 in groceries filling up the fridge.
I heard a muffled boom at about 8:30 pm and then the lights went out and stayed out... No big deal, these lights go off all the time around here. Some drunk hits a power pole or a lightning strike. It's normal.
At 1:30 am we were all evacuated cuz they couldn't get the electricity back on and living in a 9 story 100 unit apartment building for seniors with temperatures bouncing around 100 F we had to be moved into a motel until they could find and fix the problem.
11 days later, yesterday, we all got to come back home. (It's the reason why I haven't posted anything in over a week.) No 'portable' PC available and I couldn't remember my passwords anyway. LOLOL
Talk about stink! Opening the fridge liked to knock me over and the freezer, sheesh!
My stupid bank excepted two charges that I couldn't cover and didn't authorize putting me in the red -$75. (I'm now changing banks.) Never did like this bank anyway. $30 of it is an overdraft charge. Boy was I hot under the collar.
All my groceries had gone bad and the overdraft charge... I had also won an auction at ebay and they were threatening me to pay. Sheesh! What a mess! I'm still cleaning out my fridge (and trying to get my life back together) and have a pot of cinnamon water on the stove to help with the stink around here with an open window too... but it's raining. Not sure I can win. LOLOL
Isn't life a trip!?!?!?

Last edited:
Back