Kitamae Brune Japanese model ship

It looks that time has changed.
My Kitamae sail looks that is made with rice paper and has printed the vertical stitches that also doesn’t look good at all.
It won’t look so realistic with the nice lines of the model.

It was a few years ago, but I seem to recall the sail material in the kit was real cloth. But, I didn’t get a free fan With my model.

I got it. I assumed that was there to be used when the modeler is at 100 F and at the point of trashing the kit. HAHAHA. :)

Ok, last posting from my side. I don't want to hijack the thread.

Best !!
Daniel

I got it. I assumed that was there to be used when the modeler is at 100 F and at the point of trashing the kit. HAHAHA. :)

Ok, last posting from my side. I don't want to hijack the thread.

Best !!
Daniel
You can always make your own sail with real thread stitching. The graphics may be a challenge but with transfer medium and some side artwork you may be able to add that also. "It 's not over till it's over so keep on if you can!" It will be a fine model. Rich (PT-2)

I love that! I'm in the process of reading Shogun (again) so this model really resonates with me.
If anyone hasn't read Shogun, I'd HIGHLY recommend it for a fascinating look at the Samurai world, and how a European (loosely based on a historical character) encounters and fits into that culture.

Submarine blue:
Does the kit comes with the figures you have on yours, if not, where did you get them from?
I can't remember the site I found but I came across Chinese/Eastern figures, paddy workers etc while I was searching for 1:50 RN crew. I recall thinking how ridiculous that these were available but not figures from such a large part of Britain's history. I do my searching by googling scale figures, give my scale, maybe a further detail then click images. One small change in your search will bring up different results. Expect to take a few hours!!

Well guys, the model just arrived.
It took only 8 days from Japan to Miami and no extra charge for the delivery, and the box arrived in perfect conditions.
And yes, it is a Woody Joe model.
View attachment 280564
I'm happy to see that this unique model have Came to you, wish you a pleasant construction, I will follow you with curiosity

Well, my son is telling men the same thing.
So according to the link provided by Dematosdg these are the phrases that I should be looking for:

接着しません or 接着しない = Don’t glue together

接着します or 接着する or just plain 接着 = Glue together

Now I am beginning to get a bit scare about this build because I will always be on the look about if I should glue or not the piece that I am working on.
I guess this will be a model that I shouldn’t rely too much on my experience and double check the ilustraciones provided.
Screenshot_2.jpg

This is what I found when I was building Woody Joe's Higaki Kaisen. The same will apply for your build.

Hi guys,

So many good people and good projects here!!!!

Thanks for the information shared in the post. Very interesting.

I too bought the kit a few months ago. It is also in my build queue and I hope to start soon but will wait to finish the current ones.

I too am interested in the model and hope to learn more with the Japanese ship but unfortunately I have nothing to share with you.

I hope to see your process soon.

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

So many good people and good projects here!!!!

Thanks for the information shared in the post. Very interesting.

I too bought the kit a few months ago. It is also in my build queue and I hope to start soon but will wait to finish the current ones.

I too am interested in the model and hope to learn more with the Japanese ship but unfortunately I have nothing to share with you.

I hope to see your process soon.

Congratulations!!!
I am curious when you completed your Kyrenia model and any photos of that. I spent a lot of time in small detailing of my own model which will be given away in the next month. Rich (PT-2)

Thank you.

It's a Kit from ZHL models with my own modifications. You can see on http://construyendo-barcos.blogspot.com/. Sorry is only in Spanish blog.
I modified the kit also but did not know how to mold the amphorae so turned some on a small lathe which were oversized for the scale of the boat. I would like to have a translation of the materials used and method of making the mold and castings for my present scratch Phoenician trade ship project.

You made a very clean model in that linked blog. A few photos of my own model are:
Port Aft Qtr Lkg Down.jpg
Aft Lkg Fwd.jpg
Fwd Lkg Aft.jpgBow Lkg Aft Downwards.jpgBow Lkg Aft Downwards.jpg
I kept the oars semi-deployed for use when needed and took license of adding copper oxehide ingots as Cyprus was the major source of copper.
I apologize for hogging your log/blog but appreciate sharing our builds back and forth for the Kyrenia shipwreck reconstruction. Rich (PT-2)

Back