Kitamae Brune Japanese model ship

Here is the content.
I just love the way they make their packages with all the parts numbers and sizes.
Also came with the kit this complementary Japanese fan that for sure will be included in the presentation base.
IMG_0083.jpgIMG_0086.jpgIMG_0085.JPGIMG_0087.jpgIMG_0088.jpg

One thing I didnt like was the sail and banners material. It is very thin and does not look like cloth at all, just very unrealistic.
This means I will be making my own sail now that I know how to use my sewing machine.

IMG_0094.jpgIMG_0095.jpg

This is the entire Building Manual. I like it because it has pictures of every step of the build.
I wish I could identified what are the parts that don't require to be glued like Submarinerblue recommended.
IMG_0097.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0099.jpgIMG_0100.jpgIMG_0101.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0105.jpgIMG_0106.jpgIMG_0107.jpgIMG_0108.JPGIMG_0109.jpgIMG_0110.jpg

Sooooo, I will be starting a building log pretty soon but after I finish all of the details I am working for the Galilee Boat Black Acrylic Base.

Last edited:
This is the entire Building Manual. I like it because it has pictures of every step of the build.
I wish I could identified what are the parts that don't require to be glued like Submarinerblue recommended.
View attachment 280575View attachment 280576View attachment 280577View attachment 280578View attachment 280579View attachment 280580View attachment 280581View attachment 280582View attachment 280583View attachment 280584View attachment 280585View attachment 280586View attachment 280587View attachment 280588

Sooooo, I will be starting a building log pretty soon but after I finish all of the details I am working for the Galilee Boat Black Acrylic Base.
Your instruction book looks very well illustrated, almost making the annotated characters as accessories. Good luck with the build. RIch (PT-2)

Thank You Rich,
It looks simple not too complex but I will never know till I start. Julián

Has any of our members ever built a Kitamae Brune from Zootoys.Shop?
I ask this because soon I will be receiving one of these very elegant models and I can't find a building log anywhere.
Anyway, I beleive this is will be my next build and of course will be logged.

View attachment 279842
View attachment 279843
View attachment 279844

I bought this kit a year ago. It is in my building queue :)

Read the below bulding log. The link was at Woody Joe online shop, from whom I got the kit.

Pay attention, the modeler explain about not gluing certain parts, as explained on a previous posting.

I hope your log will be full of pictures that will help us in the future.

Cheers
Daniel

That’s great to hear Namabiiru.
My son also study Japanese but he told me that these instructions has a mixture of Japanese with Chinese characters, so he couldn’t understand them well.
Also I like to thank Dematosdg for the link.

He's learning the hiragana and katakana syllabaries first. Learning the kanji (Chinese characters) pretty much involves a lifetime of study. I mostly gave up on that part years ago....

Well, my son is telling men the same thing.
So according to the link provided by Dematosdg these are the phrases that I should be looking for:

接着しません or 接着しない = Don’t glue together

接着します or 接着する or just plain 接着 = Glue together

Now I am beginning to get a bit scare about this build because I will always be on the look about if I should glue or not the piece that I am working on.
I guess this will be a model that I shouldn’t rely too much on my experience and double check the ilustraciones provided.

Well, my son is telling men the same thing.
So according to the link provided by Dematosdg these are the phrases that I should be looking for:

接着しません or 接着しない = Don’t glue together

接着します or 接着する or just plain 接着 = Glue together

Now I am beginning to get a bit scare about this build because I will always be on the look about if I should glue or not the piece that I am working on.
I guess this will be a model that I shouldn’t rely too much on my experience and double check the ilustraciones provided.

Correct, we need to follow the instructions on this one.

Nevertheless, I think that I remember reading the instructions, and the glue/non-glue text is in red letters, correct ?

Just don't miss those ones :)

Cheers
Daniel

Although that is a correct translation, that's not how I would expect to see it written in an instruction; however, I didn't see anywhere in the images you provided anywhere that it jumped out at me as it was saying don't glue.

I did notice that there appear to be places that they want you to use CA and other places that you can (or should) use wood glue. Wood glue is 木工ボンド

Last edited:
It also looks like steps that involve gluing parts together have a little ボンド icon in the upper left

I bought this kit a year ago. It is in my building queue :)

Read the below bulding log. The link was at Woody Joe online shop, from whom I got the kit.

Pay attention, the modeler explain about not gluing certain parts, as explained on a previous posting.

I hope your log will be full of pictures that will help us in the future.

Cheers
Daniel
Looking at the log for the executed model there are a lot of small pieces in the boat. It seems that you will be well occupied for some time in your build. Best of luck for this unique model. RIch (PT-2)

Looking at the log for the executed model there are a lot of small pieces in the boat. It seems that you will be well occupied for some time in your build. Best of luck for this unique model. RIch (PT-2)
Rich, what log for this model are you looking at?

Here is the content.
I just love the way they make their packages with all the parts numbers and sizes.
Also came with the kit this complementary Japanese fan that for sure will be included in the presentation base.
View attachment 280566View attachment 280567View attachment 280568View attachment 280569View attachment 280570

One thing I didnt like was the sail and banners material. It is very thin and does not look like cloth at all, just very unrealistic.
This means I will be making my own sail now that I know how to use my sewing machine.

View attachment 280571View attachment 280572
It was a few years ago, but I seem to recall the sail material in the kit was real cloth. But, I didn’t get a free fan With my model.

Back