Krick “Alert” U.S. Cutter, 1/25 scale

Another great soon to be Birthday present arrived yesterday. I was allowed to unpack and peek in the box to make sure there was no shipping damage. :p

019D5259-3F16-4C56-868E-5E4D31D1D41D.jpeg

Extensive examination showed there was no damage to the outside of the box.

F0D9D4B1-2AA8-466F-8BBB-0D10522DC385.jpeg

A quick look inside the box was allowed, but further examination was discouraged. :(

The kit is now shelf bound and will reappear on the proper day. :D

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
So...should we count March 24 as the official start of your build log? ;) Yet another Alert model kit. We have to be really alert for all those Alerts! I am reserving my seat to watch your build. I am a big fan of Alert!

So...should we count March 24 as the official start of your build log? ;) Yet another Alert model kit. We have to be really alert for all those Alerts! I am reserving my seat to watch your build. I am a big fan of Alert!

Yes indeed. I’ll be ready to start at approximately 3:00 PM EST on March 24, while the party guests are enjoyingBirthday-Cake and Coffee.

Jan

I wish I was getting a new ship,so exciting.

Barely have time for the one I'm currently working, lol

I'll be checking back on progress .....

Jim, in the meantime we have several Alerts here, I mean vessels off course, but these are different ships - this one here is an american coast guard cutter - different f.e. to the Trident model.
I checked in Threedecks: There are already 35 ships with the name Alert mentioned, and on threedecks the youngest one´s are from 1850 !!
SO definitely it will be not boring with all the Alerts we have here :) :) :)
March 24 -> still three weeks to wait @Pathfinder65 - Jan, isn´t it very hard to wait such a loooong time period?

Thanks Uwe! Your tremendos nautical history knowledge, and most important willingness to share with us makes us more educated! Many thanks! There is no such things as too many Alerts :)

Sorry Jan for hijacking your thread...

Today will be spent marking the various woods and parts and checking all the kit contents. I don't know if or when we can go out to get the materials needed to build a cradle to hold the keel and bulkheads.Currently a lot of businesses are closed for at least the next two weeks if not more. Schools are closed until April 27, Universities and Colleges in the State have ended the Spring Semester and on campus students must vacate their Dorms by the end of March.

Jan

Happy Birthday! Stay safe and enjoy building your Alert kit. Fortunately we have a hobby that works well with the lockdown orders. I look forward to seeing your progress.

George
Thank you for the Happy Birthday. Looking at the build plans and instructions there are many items to work on besides the frame and bulkheads. So I’m not to worried about venturing out.

Jan

Back