L' Hermione AL 1/89

A very interesting site for figurehead carvers in general and some useful information about LeHermione figurehead carving

enjoy

The roof of the galley is installed. Its a watertight copper panel, that was filled with water. Thee two copper ducts of the stove were passing through this cooling system, in order to keep the stove radiation as low as it was possible.

I hope you can see the water..... I have poured in.Its a vallego scenery liquid.

20190730_143916.jpg20190730_135458.jpg

I am following a few Hermione build on a French Forum
Some from the publication Hachette (2) some from AL (3) and even one scratch from the Ancre publication (1).
Most just paint the hull white as the Hermione build was same for the stove
Both case you did a (in my book) a big + coppering the hull and ad the water for the stove
So I will follow your build with lots of interestThumbs-Up

@Charles QC thank you for your comments... The build am aiming to complete it is not supposed to be the replica on which the AL kit is based on.I am trying to build the original ship of 1779

Here is some more progress..hope its worth it. As you have noticed the grating is modified as we have here in the forum discussed. Also the railings deviated a lot from the kit's railing. I have left out the netting and all parts that the french health and safety department had made on the replica (of which the kit had also had). And lastly the belaying pins are additionally bought and are not the self made pins the instructions suggest. 20190819_115848.jpg20190821_095924.jpg20190806_131959.jpg20190806_123049.jpg20190809_111517.jpg20190809_123810.jpg20190819_120907.jpg

Last edited:
The roof of the galley is installed. Its a watertight copper panel, that was filled with water. Thee two copper ducts of the stove were passing through this cooling system, in order to keep the stove radiation as low as it was possible.

I hope you can see the water..... I have poured in.Its a vallego scenery liquid.

That's super interesting. I'm new to all this, but I think that's groovy to use the pool of water on deck. And great method to capture it in the model as well.

Stem fnished. Lot of work.... lots of fan. The figurehead in place, the Lion with the coat of arms, the net*, the gratted floor and ofcourse on top the two catheads (anhor windlasses). Sorry for the letters on the pic, its the cathead in greek... καπόνι! (kaponi)
stem.jpg
* To Uwek.... the net is as discussed today, thank you sir!

Back