La Belle 1/36 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

Hey guys, do any of you have experience with this product?
P.S. Good luck in the new year 2024?

Hello everyone! I have one serious problem with a draft plate from China. It doesn't cut wood that splits afterwards. Don't you have any type available to get a quality Plate?
Thanks for the advice or per type.
Have a nice day.
Mikulas

Hello everyone! I have one serious problem with a draft plate from China. It doesn't cut wood that splits afterwards. Don't you have any type available to get a quality Plate?
Have a nice day.
Mikulas
The only one that works.

maybe you can combine the sending with some fellow model builders in your country, because the sending is expensive

Have a nice day.
Mikulas
Did you mean a drawplate? - than the recomendation by @Steef66 is very good
Or did you mean something else? Maybe you show us your tool via a photo - often the tool is not responsible, it depends also on the wood quality , size of grain etc. (refering the drawplate)

Did you mean a drawplate? - than the recomendation by @Steef66 is very good
Or did you mean something else? Maybe you show us your tool via a photo - often the tool is not responsible, it depends also on the wood quality , size of grain etc. (refering the drawplate)
Yes, drewplate. This is a jewelry dravplate (they are all) but it doesn't work on wood. I use pear, cherry...

The only one that works.

maybe you can combine the sending with some fellow model builders in your country, because the sending is expensive
I know Byrnes but they didn't engage with me at all, they ignored my interest in their circular saw.

I know Byrnes but they didn't engage with me at all, they ignored my interest in their circular saw.
Jim Byrnes past away not so long ago, that could be a reason. It's a family business. Just try it again.

Jim Byrnes past away not so long ago, that could be a reason. It's a family business. Just try it again.
I just ordered an additional drawplate from them. Jim's wife Donna sent it out within a few days. Not sure about shipping internationally. A jeweler's drawplate doesn't work on wood (as you have discovered). It is designed to compress/stretch metal - a woodworkers drawplate actually shaves off wood.

Back