La Belle - Caf Model 1:48 by Thomas Marocke [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good ness grief but there ARE many cleats. And I can imagine that is each affixed with a pin? Tedious work in itself, but beautifully done!

Great job as always. Happy birthday Thomas, many more to come and many more beautiful models to build! Beer

Ich wünsche dir einen herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag und alles Liebe und Gute und ganz viel Gesundheit und Spaß. Lass dich schön feiern. Birthday-Cake

Wishing you a happy birthday and all the best and much health and fun. Have a good time celebrating with your family and friends, Birthday-Cake

Happy birthday, Thomas! Today you are allowed to have one day's grace from your build to enjoy with your family. may you be granted health in abundance so that you can entertain us for many more years with your beautiful work!

View attachment 265339
The first channel of the foremast. The "La Belle" has an unusual form of channels. Until the glue dries, the channel is bolted with nails in pre-drilled holes. The coarse nails are replaced with finer blackened decorative nails.

Best regards
Thomas
Perfect fit. Main channel is even more interesting - that's where they placed sit of ease.

Dear Thomas
A little late but it is important for me to wish you good luck on your birthday,Birthday-CakeBeerAnchor
that you will be happy and that you will continue to enjoy from billing beautiful models, it's a pleasure to following your impressive work and the most professional

Yes Gennaro, a truly exceptional component! When I first saw the constrution plans, I wonderd what the hole in the channel was for.

SANY1446.JPG

SANY1445.JPG
Everyone has seen the "sit of ease" on the bow for the crew or on stern for the officers. The design on the "La Belle" is very special.

SANY1448.JPG
In high seas, some courage was required and there was no room for sensitivities.

During a sightseeing tour on the "Hermione" in Rochefort, the guide told us that ships could be smelled in a good wind as soon as they were visible on the horizon.

Best regards
Thomas

Back