La Couronne Corel/scratch 1:100 First build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Just when you think you're finished, you find something else to add . . .

The fact that I never put reinforcement knees on the channels has been eating at me for over a year now. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I pulled the Plexiglas off and fabricated some knees for all the channels, 4 for the main channels, 3 for the fore channels, and 2 for the mizzen channels.

Using Mondfeld as a guide, Some 1/2" corner molding was used as for making the knees to save time.
View attachment 384751

View attachment 384752

Trimming the stained pieces to the proper angles between the channel and the hull. Each one is custom fit.
View attachment 384753

Using tweezers, each of the four knees are glued to the hull and channel on each side of the ship, here the main channel is shown.
View attachment 384754

Three knees on the fore channel.
View attachment 384755

Main channel.
View attachment 384756

Fore channel.
View attachment 384757

Two knees on each mizzen channel.
View attachment 384758

FINALLY done? Time will tell. . .
View attachment 384759
Good morning Kurt. Beautiful. I often wonder if we ever really finish our models:D. Cheers Grant

Mi serve un pò di tempo per vedere questo e altri tuoi lavori, ma già l'inizio promette molto bene, mi piace.
Il risultato finale è eccezionale.
Avere fra i modellisti di un forum una persona che ha navigato veramente è una gran fortuna.

I need some time to see this and your other works, but the beginning is already very promising, I like it.
The final result is exceptional.
Having a person who has actually sailed among the modellers of a forum is a great fortune.

Mi serve un pò di tempo per vedere questo e altri tuoi lavori, ma già l'inizio promette molto bene, mi piace.
Il risultato finale è eccezionale.
Avere fra i modellisti di un forum una persona che ha navigato veramente è una gran fortuna.

I need some time to see this and your other works, but the beginning is already very promising, I like it.
The final result is exceptional.
Having a person who has actually sailed among the modellers of a forum is a great fortune.
Thank you, Alessandro! This is a fun forum with fun people. Do not hesitate to show us your work and ask questions no matter how small. There are so many experienced modelers here. :D Thumbsup

Thats all very well but I need to shape the sails on an old model galleon in situ. Im thinking of doing this by shaping/View attachment 409108forming chicken wire in envelopes?
Using chicken wire for temporary forms can work, but be very careful the wire forms don’t catch on the rigging! Using small, lightweight clip to hold the forms to the sail might work. As the sails are held in the shape you desire, soak them with starch, and let them dry overnight. Good luck!

На самом деле это навсегда. Есть идеи по его замене? Я мог бы покрасить его в золото. Если я заберу всю рыбу. корабль перевернется.
Hello! Isn’t it possible to make the lower part of the base of the stand in the form of a cross? Perhaps then Pisces will rise and wooden spacers (cylinders) will not need to be installed. with best wishes, Egor.

Hi DA,
Last week I started with the modeling of La Couronne . . This Corel kit I bought in 1992 together with some other kits. Last week I also ordered the original sails (they were not included in the kit).The photos of my modeling phases I will sent to SoS community. The attachments are showing the present phase.
I hope to finish her within next year.
Kind Regards

La Couronne.jpg

La Couronne Corel (2).jpg

La Couronne Corel (3).jpg

La Couronne Corel (1).jpg

Hi DA,
Last week I started with the modeling of La Couronne . . This Corel kit I bought in 1992 together with some other kits. Last week I also ordered the original sails (they were not included in the kit).The photos of my modeling phases I will sent to SoS community. The attachments are showing the present phase.
I hope to finish her within next year.
Kind Regards

View attachment 413857

View attachment 413858

View attachment 413859

View attachment 413860
Looking go so far. I think you will want to make your own custom sails as I did. The sails I purchased for La Couronne were poor quality and did not fit the yards properly. But, It will be a long time before you need to deal with that. Hope my build log will be of some help. I have lots of research info and rigging plans for La Couronne if you plan on installing sails. Best of luck, and let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for your kind response. I surely want to install the the sails , otherwise it is like a bird without wings. I ordered the sails allready (see attach.)from italy and hope they are not that bad as you mentioned. Otherwise I do it by myself . I have some rigging plans in the Corel kit for rigging but without the sails, so I am sure that I will ask you for your knowledge and experience .
Kind Regards from Istanbul :) Pirate Flag

yelken.jpg

Back