• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

La Toulonnaise 1823 - French schooner - Billing Boats 1:50

I built the hull for Toulonaise way back in 1993 when working in Malaysia but shelved the project on returning to the UK. Now, 33 yrs later and back in Malaysia for the rest of my retirement, I am continuing. Have just made up the cannons as per photos. Going to start on the masts next.

20260726_110453.jpg
 
I built the hull for Toulonaise way back in 1993 when working in Malaysia but shelved the project on returning to the UK. Now, 33 yrs later and back in Malaysia for the rest of my retirement, I am continuing. Have just made up the cannons as per photos. Going to start on the masts next.

View attachment 622763
Will follow with interest if you have a log for your build.

And an update my ship still looks exactly the same as the photos on the previous page. :(
 
Last edited:
Hi Richie,
I attach the following:

Photos of the list of items included in the accessory pack.

Photos of accessory items already added to my deck.

Photos of the remaining items to be fitted.

So far I have only fitted the larger items. I doubt whether I will be able to manage all the rigging. The fittings are tiny!

There is no instructions with the accessory pack. Just the stuff in the main pack manual. I presume you have that. See cover photo. If not I can copy for you.

Wisden

20260827_171232.jpg

20260827_171300.jpg

20260827_172151.jpg

20260827_172225.jpg

20260827_172253.jpg

20260827_172304.jpg

20260827_172311.jpg

20260827_172329.jpg

20260827_172347.jpg

20260827_171325.jpg

20260827_171319.jpg

20260827_172824.jpg
 
Hi Richie,
I attach the following:

Photos of the list of items included in the accessory pack.

Photos of accessory items already added to my deck.

Photos of the remaining items to be fitted.

So far I have only fitted the larger items. I doubt whether I will be able to manage all the rigging. The fittings are tiny!

There is no instructions with the accessory pack. Just the stuff in the main pack manual. I presume you have that. See cover photo. If not I can copy for you.

Wisden

View attachment 630116

View attachment 630117

View attachment 630118

View attachment 630119

View attachment 630120

View attachment 630121

View attachment 630122

View attachment 630123

View attachment 630124

View attachment 630125

View attachment 630126

View attachment 630127
Thank you so much for going to the trouble of providing these.
I have purchased a few accessories individually and had a guess at a few parts from other suppliers.
I plan to try and use some left over parts from other builds as well because I don't want to spend too much on this build.
Why don't you scratch build you may ask, my skills and tools are not up to that standard so will compromise and do my own thing in some areas.
Yes I have the full instruction set from the main kit.
 
Back
Top