La Venus - French frigate from 1782 - scale 1:96 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Beautiful work. I really enjoyed looking at your build (and using the 1 Euro cent to help appreciate the scale).

Wow - Very good work - shown in very interesting photos.
I went now once through your posts, but I will do it a second time (minimum)
So much details you are making in this very small scale - usually you can see these details only in 1:48 - Great job!
Especially the rudder hinges, the ovens, the lamps in the hold, the notches in the beams etc. - very good (many thanks also for the One Cent coin - helping a lot to realize the real size

I have (for now) two questions:
1) What was the reason, why you changed the angle of the cills - I think on the first photo the horizontal alignement of the upper cill was wrong, or? (and also the lower also somehow)
80.jpg 87.jpg

and 2) Historically what was the reason for these ringbolts in the hold?
102.jpg

It is a pleasure to see your work in this building log - Great!!!

OK, I hope to be able to explain: my english is not very good!
For the first question: I haven't changed the angle of the cills: The cills of the gunboats are not perfectly horizontal but they follow the line of the battery deck, which is not perfectly flat. In the first photo, the planking of the gunboats is still to be finished.

For the second question, In the holds of the ships these ringbolts could be found everywhere: they were mainly used to secure the cargo, the water and wine barrels, for example....

For me it is every time surprising, how accurate you can prepare your "Toothpicks" (I mean beams, carlings etc.)
I know, why I am working usually in 1:48 ;)
Very good work

For me it is every time surprising, how accurate you can prepare your "Toothpicks" (I mean beams, carlings etc.)
I know, why I am working usually in 1:48 ;)
Very good work
I just wanted to emphasize that, among the many difficulties, at this scale it is practically impossible to use electric tools: every joint and every carving is done with small manual chisels ...

Hallo @Giampy65
it seems to be that you are working with the same chisel set from Russia which I have also.
So theoretical I could do these small details like you - theoretical

Your photo:
32.jpg

and my set - theoretical ready for the work ;)

IMG_37811.jpg

Back