Lady Nelson - Amati 1:64

Great work Don. As you say, she carries a lot of mast for such a small ship - if the square area of the sails is also this big, she must have been quite a handful at times at sea. I just love that "blunt" bow - she has sheer attitude! :D

Hey all, hope your Sunday is gong fine. I have a few pictures to show:

IMG_3492.jpgIMG_3498.jpgIMG_3503.jpgIMG_3504.jpgIMG_3506.jpgIMG_3507.jpgIMG_3509.jpgIMG_3565.jpgIMG_3510.jpg
There you are. Now just the lower boom to attach and the main rigging is complete. After that is cleaning up the excess lines, rope coils and make a base.
Another step closer.
Thanks again for stopping in, your likes and comments
Have A Good One

She is one fine-looking lady Don. I really like the hull lines of her. And as far as the build and rigging go - superb! Thumbsup

@shota70 Thank you so much
@Heinrich. Thanks, I am really enjoying to be able to use my tools cutting and milling all the wood. She is a nice little ship, if I were to do her again I would plank over the two most forward gun ports as they seem to serve no purpose other than to let in water. lol
Just more tonnage of shot going out in a broadside like a shot gun as accuracy was never a part of naval gunnery. . . just hoping for a hit and let the flying splinters do the rest. Nice work. Rich (PT-2)

Thanks @PT-2 . If you look close there is no room at the bow for a carriage and cannon. So unless it would be used for a couple of dudes laying on their bellies shooting muskets :p the gun ports at the bow are not really function able. However, if I would have installed some handles on either side of each gun port they could have been used as seats of ease! Accuracy, again, would have been a problem!!ROTF:p

Hey All, here is the final instalment of the Lady Nelson. She is complete! :) Ship-1

DSC_0643.jpgDSC_0701.jpgDSC_0658.jpgDSC_0659.jpgDSC_0660.jpgDSC_0679.jpgDSC_0683.jpg

There she is, I will keep her around for a few days before I take her to her final resting place. She is going to be a gift to Dr. Pillay here in Prince Albert.
Thanks so much for hanging around and for all the great comments and the likes.
I'll be starting another log possibly today or tomorrow
DSC_0693.jpgDSC_0696.jpgDSC_0699.jpgDSC_0704.jpgDSC_0713.jpgDSC_0716.jpg

That is her.
Thanks for hanging around to watch. Also Thanks for all the great comments and likes.
I'll be keeping the Lady around before I take her to her new owner. I am gifting her to a Doctor Pillay in town. Without going into a long story Doctor Pillay reached out and gave me some tremendous help early this past summer, so this is my way of thanking him. Hope he enjoys!!
You are all welcome to join me in my next build will be the HMS Ontario from MarisStella
Have A Good One

Hey All, here is the final instalment of the Lady Nelson. She is complete! :) Ship-1

View attachment 194969View attachment 194970View attachment 194971View attachment 194972View attachment 194973View attachment 194974View attachment 194975

There she is, I will keep her around for a few days before I take her to her final resting place. She is going to be a gift to Dr. Pillay here in Prince Albert.
Thanks so much for hanging around and for all the great comments and the likes.
I'll be starting another log possibly today or tomorrow
View attachment 194976View attachment 194977View attachment 194978View attachment 194979View attachment 194980View attachment 194981

That is her.
Thanks for hanging around to watch. Also Thanks for all the great comments and likes.
I'll be keeping the Lady around before I take her to her new owner. I am gifting her to a Doctor Pillay in town. Without going into a long story Doctor Pillay reached out and gave me some tremendous help early this past summer, so this is my way of thanking him. Hope he enjoys!!
You are all welcome to join me in my next build will be the HMS Ontario from MarisStella
Have A Good One
Beautiful model! What kind of wood did you use for planking under wales (whitish one).

Back