L'Ambitieux scale 1/48 - Plans Jean Boudriot

Bonjour,

Début de la construction du vaisseau par les varangues et genoux de 22 couples centraux. J'attend le bois pour la charpente axiale.
En attendant, poncage du travail fait et usinage des allonges.
A bientôt. :)
PS: La dernière photo représente mon systeme de " serrage-collage ". 3 carrés de carrelage 30x30 cm. C'est plat et lourd !

google translation:
Hello,

Beginning of the construction of the vessel by the veranda and knees of 22 central couples. I am waiting for the wood for the axial frame.
In the meantime, sanding of the work done and machining of the extensions.
See you soon. :)
PS: The last photo represents my "clamping-gluing" system. 3 square tiles 30x30 cm. It's flat and heavy!

20210308_092344.jpg20210308_100035.jpg20210320_101318.jpg20210320_101435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallo @maxi
many thanks for starting the building log of this vessel..... but I m surprised, that you changed the vessel----- in your introduction you mentioned the Aurore....
not important - both ships are very interesting.......

Your keel elements are looking very good - and your wood has a nice color. Is it pear or Elsbeere?

Hi Maxi_mus (lol) !

Usually, I am not that fond of pearwood because it's too dark and the finished model will be quite distant from reality, but your pearwood is more clear and this is more appealing !

Will you finish your model with peartree + mat diluted varnish OR with colors (as Belgian masters often prefer) OR gold covered sculptures as Denis Désormières did ?

Bonjour,

Début de la construction du vaisseau par les varangues et genoux de 22 couples centraux. J'attend le bois pour la charpente axiale.
En attendant, poncage du travail fait et usinage des allonges.
A bientôt. :)
PS: La dernière photo représente mon systeme de " serrage-collage ". 3 carrés de carrelage 30x30 cm. C'est plat et lourd !

google translation:
Hello,

Beginning of the construction of the vessel by the veranda and knees of 22 central couples. I am waiting for the wood for the axial frame.
In the meantime, sanding of the work done and machining of the extensions.
See you soon. :)
PS: The last photo represents my "clamping-gluing" system. 3 square tiles 30x30 cm. It's flat and heavy!
Hallo @maxi
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on your L'Ambitieux going? I hope that you still work on her, maybe you can show us some update of your progress ?

Back