Le Coureur 1:48 CAF model by Christian

I am a little bit lazy at the moment, just a few frames left (3 I think) and I am frustrated, because I brake them from time to time.
I changed the topic for a while and had a bigger project for clumsy fingers on the shelf: the restauration of a folding kayak made by Pouch in the GDR in the 70s or 80s. Repaired the wooden frame and some holes in the skin.
Wanted to make a river tour last week, but the coldest spring withinin the last 25 years has put a spoke in my wheel.
So I will go back to the Coureur on the next rainy days.

Hi everybody!

Received my kit on monday, shipping was very very quickly!
Book by Ancre arrived yesterday.

Went through the parts and recognised, that the parts of the jig are warped.
Does this matter or is that fixed by building it and fixing the bottom parts on a solid plate?

I also browsed the book and saw, that the stern windows are named "false windows". Does that mean they were only painted black or
were they real glassed windows although the room behind is not really usable for the crew?

Will start building tomorrow!

Happy new year!
Hallo Christian alias @Gebirgsmarine
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Coureur going? Any progress which would like to share with us?

Thank you Uwe and Adi for your wishes!
Nothing has progressed with the Coureur since my last entry.
After 35 years of service, my company unfortunately wants to get rid of me and since September I hardly have a head for modeling.
Finally we have agreed and from July I am a private person. Now I also slowly get my head free again.
Hope to make some progress again.
Regards
Christian

Hallo Christian,
I can fully understand your situation - get the head free and try to enjoy step by step the time
-> good to have a hobby like ours, where you can fill the day with activity on the model(s) - there are so many ships to build !!!!

Hi everybody!

Does this matter or is that fixed by building it and fixing the bottom parts on a solid plate?

I also browsed the book and saw, that the stern windows are named "false windows". Does that mean they were only painted black or
were they real glassed windows although the room behind is not really usable for the crew?

Happy new year!
Hallo Christian alias @Gebirgsmarine
Birthday-Cake

Dear Christian, from me also the best wishes for your birthday, good, joy and health. :) Birthday-Cake

Hallo Christian.
I wish you a happy Birthday!
Birthday-Cake

I hope you are able to commit yourself again to continue and above all enjoy the building of "Le Coureur" again.

Hi everybody!

Happy new year!
Hallo @Gebirgsmarine
Birthday-Cake

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!
Model building is on hold for the time.
We had water in the basement where my workshop is. Insurance refused to pay, so it was a long and expensive
way to restoration. But now most of the damage is fixed, last cleanup and getting the furniture in place again.
Hopefully I can restart soon.

Christian

Back