Le Coureur 1776 - French Lugger 1:48 - CAF by Alex

Hi Friends, I'm back building after almost 8 months. We spent the summer in Utah, riding bicycles, hiking, and visiting National Parks. After this, finally back to Europe to Provence and then Italy during part of September and October. Back to Houston in November and December.....This is an update on my progress on Le Coreur...I fully planked the starboard exterior, but I'm leaving the port side mostly unplanked. I am planning on doing some partial deck planking, so the inside can be seen. I am still thinking about how to do this....Still have to make barrels and boxes, etc.to make for the interior. I have really liked working on the interior-learned a lot. I'm thinking of starting bomb-vessel Granado....
1190AC2A-9F5D-4080-A552-AB2963847468.jpegC1A7CC41-6FDA-4BA2-800F-78FC3C601072.jpegtempImagenjCEsk.pngtempImageJ1vG34.pngtempImageVePGtQ.pngtempImaged3BShg.png

tempImagelxAR6S.png

Attachments

• tempImageqE4KxF.png
    tempImageqE4KxF.png
    2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
You are traveling a lot - a lot to see in the world
Very good progress and good quality of work - Bravo
I would be happy to see more often some updates of your work ...... Thumbsup

Thank you friends. I've made a few modifications, mostly to correct early mistakes, but as you say, " no two Le couriers on the build logs are the same" Tom at CAF keeps making better and better kits. My favorite part of building is fashioning frames, and the new kits have increasingly more complex and realistic ones. I am itching to start building the Granado. I'll post updates on Le Coureur. Im am also still building HMS Enterprise.

Thank you friends. I've made a few modifications, mostly to correct early mistakes, but as you say, " no two Le couriers on the build logs are the same" Tom at CAF keeps making better and better kits. My favorite part of building is fashioning frames, and the new kits have increasingly more complex and realistic ones. I am itching to start building the Granado. I'll post updates on Le Coureur. Im am also still building HMS Enterprise.
I fully agree your words about the rizing quality of CAFs POF kits, I am also working in moment on the Granado section model and can fully recomend this kit, but also the full hull Granado which is waiting in the shelf.
So I am also looking forward to see your Granado in detail

I fully agree your words about the rizing quality of CAFs POF kits, I am also working in moment on the Granado section model and can fully recomend this kit, but also the full hull Granado which is waiting in the shelf.
So I am also looking forward to see your Granado in detail
Granado cross section seems to be sold out.:(
Does anybody know the timing cycle of CAF manufacturing?

Radek

Granado cross section seems to be sold out.:(
Does anybody know the timing cycle of CAF manufacturing?

Radek
Hallo Radek alias @rawen
I am in regular contact with Tom from CAF.
He is making in moment some modifications of the section model based on some of my comments and will release in short time an upgraded version of the kit - so stay tuned the kit will be re-issued
Sorry @Alex R to be shortly off topic

Don't worry about off-topic..I often have to "Carpe idea" or the thought may be forever gone !
Some progress on deck planking. I'm going to leave some areas un-planked, as well as the port lower outboard planking to be able to see interior details.
Uwe: I have the first, original Granado cross section-I was going to start on it during the summer while on my vacation house in Utah. Are the changes major ? Could I get the upgrades from Tom ?

tempImagehBN7EU.jpg

tempImagevro1yh.jpg

Very good work on your deck - Thumbsup
I am very happy to read, that you also intent to build the section model of the HMS Granado, a highly interesting model.
Related the upgrades you have to contact Tom directly, best via the contact on the web-site or via PM here in SOS.

Cool idea, as Uwe wrote before, it's nice to see that we all build the same model, but no two are the same. Everyone contributes their ideas, their creativity and everyone has a different picture in their head. I think that's great. Great progress by the way. Thumbsup

Today I finished (well, almost) my Caldercraft HMS Snake 1:64 that was on the building dock for years...This allowed my ongoing build of HMS Enterprise to move to a different location in my shop. It still needs a lot of work, but all structural work is done. The shop is now re-configured to start Le Coureur. Keel first, then frames, then build-jig.
Hallo @Alex R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy New Year Everyone.
I did very minimal work this past year on my builds ( Le Coureur, HMS Enterprise) Many reasons: sold condo in Park City to move into new house we built Promontory(outside Park City), several deaths in family, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, here are some pictures of the current state of Le Coureur. I decided to make detachable deck sections so one can see the interior. I'm going to leave one side unplanked also. There are a few deck details left to do, and I should be finished with the build by summer. Then I have to decide what to build next; What do you think ? HMS Blanford vs HMS Granado ? I also have Bob Hunt's HMS Halifax, and HMY Flubs.....and Le Requin Xebec. I know I won't be able to build all the models in my shelf during the life left in me, but I'll try-or someone else will enjoy them. Some of these models go out of production and become very scarce.
tempImageBTUD6O.jpgtempImageHgYufa.jpgtempImageVLR5LV.jpgtempImagex7R99e.jpgtempImage2Hf6ab.jpgtempImageuNJeop.jpg

Back