Le Coureur 1776 - French Lugger 1:48 - CAF by Alex

Today I finished (well, almost) my Caldercraft HMS Snake 1:64 that was on the building dock for years...This allowed my ongoing build of HMS Enterprise to move to a different location in my shop. It still needs a lot of work, but all structural work is done. The shop is now re-configured to start Le Coureur. Keel first, then frames, then build-jig. View attachment 207578View attachment 207582
Hallo @Alex R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your project going? Did you make any progress?

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes!!! It is hard to believe I'm 70 !! I'm very lucky to be strong, healthy and to still have curiosity..
I have done some work on Enterprise and also on Le Coureur, mostly cannon and deck furniture. Right now, I am at my summer home in Utah, where I don't have a wood model shop, but I'll continue to work on the projects above when I return in September. I just finished reading "The Wager" - A tale of shipwreck, mutiny, and Murder- by David Grann....An incredible true story. I highly recommend this book.. I will also get started on HMS Granado in September. IUwe's build is fantastic. I will use it ask my principal guide.
I hope everybody stays cool and hydrated this summer.

Alex R

Back