Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Many thanks for your likes and comments. Now it's back on the inside again. It is now the turn of the mast well. I will omit the ballast box and choose the 2nd variant, fill everything with barrrels, boxes and various other junk.
Uwe's preliminary work was also a great help to me here.

Coureur_20210729_1.jpg

Coureur_20210729_2.jpg

Coureur_20210729_3.jpg

Then I noticed that there is a difference between the drawing of CAF and Boudriot regarding the top cover on the mast, I chose Boudriot.

Coureur_20210729_4.jpg
Boudriot

Coureur_20210729_5.jpg
CAF

Coureur_20210730_1.jpg

Whether the nail imitation can still be seen after installation?

As below I image that later.

Coureur_20210730_2.jpg

Hallo Adi,
your work is looking very good Thumbsup
The nails of the mast-foot box will be hardly visible later on - I know it from mine, especially if you will make some stone ballast in the hold
But definitely they are looking good, and you know (and we also) that they are there.
The "top cover" you mentioned are the mast partners, very strong timbers against the mast was fixed with the help of wooden wedges - you could make then also see my post #806
Your imitation of the single boards with bolting of the partners is done very good - do not fix it now, only together with the deck planking

Many thanks for your likes and comments. Now it's back on the inside again. It is now the turn of the mast well. I will omit the ballast box and choose the 2nd variant, fill everything with barrrels, boxes and various other junk.
Uwe's preliminary work was also a great help to me here.

View attachment 246817

View attachment 246818

View attachment 246819

Then I noticed that there is a difference between the drawing of CAF and Boudriot regarding the top cover on the mast, I chose Boudriot.

View attachment 246821
Boudriot

View attachment 246822
CAF

View attachment 246823

Whether the nail imitation can still be seen after installation?

As below I image that later.

View attachment 246824
Wunderschön

During the time living in Bayerisch-Schwaben, I was also several times in Lego-Land with my daughter.
Enjoy the rare times with your grandchilds - they are growing so fast :cool:

Wie ich schon geschrieben habe - Es ist schon "morgen", dass sie erwachsen sind -> also beeilt euch !!!
Oh yes, you can see it in our children yesterday, children and today 21, 22 and 26 years old.
Thank goodness everyone lives nearby and there is always one of our children there and thus also our grandchildren.

My dear friends, thank you all very much for your likes and comments.
Starting today, it's down to the nitty gritty, i.e. the small decks. First I put in the templates for deck 5 and 6 to see how the whole thing looks from above, as well as from the side through the bulkheads. Then it was on the construction of deck 5. A model in a model, great thing. As Uwe is a unique spiritus rector, it is an honor for me to follow him in many ways. Thus, one cannot hide a similarity between his and my work, but I think that is the purose of our forum.

Coureur_20210817_1.jpg

Coureur_20210817_2.jpg

Then I prepared the individual parts from the 2.5x2.5 timbers supplied in the kit with the help of the template.

Coureur_20210818_1.jpg

Coureur_20210818_2.jpg

After everything fits, the sticks are very lightly stapled to the template with glue.

Coureur_20210818_3.jpg

Then 1x5 planking is applied with some overhang. After drying, thr edges are sanded. Finally, the template is removed and the sides are sanded at an angle so that the deck fits into the hull.

Coureur_20210818_4.jpg

Coureur_20210819_1.jpg

Coureur_20210819_2.jpg

Congratulations - it is looking very good
The main purpose of our forum is to bring everybody fun with our hobby
I am happy, that somehow I was able to make the first model, also that you all are able not to make the same mistakes like myself.
You will see, that the interior work is making a lot of fun - Enjoy it !!

Back