Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Other countries (except for the belgian Trappist beers) should learn from German breweries and introduce the reinheitsgebot!
Oh JA
We do not have these fancy tastes - but very good beer tastes
Looking at the four bottles shon by Adi - I am getting really dursty
As a Franke / German living since 20 years abroud - I miss also the german beer quality - maybe once Adi has to send me a "Care-Paket"

Wow, I didn't know that the Berg comes from Ehingen. We offer it in our hotel (now, of course it is closed, except for a few business travelers and ambulant patients of the university hospital) and it is very well demanded.

Here is one of my favorites (all time)!!

View attachment 230180
Congratulation, this is a really superbe Beer.

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Your planking and nailing is looking very good my friend - I know, that this work is one of the harder one´s, but some time it will come to an end
Congratulations, that your vertical stern timbers are still alive - at this stage I had already 3 or 4 broken
Coureur_20210521_3.jpg
I am crossing the fingers .....

Your planking and nailing is looking very good my friend - I know, that this work is one of the harder one´s, but some time it will come to an end
Congratulations, that your vertical stern timbers are still alive - at this stage I had already 3 or 4 broken
View attachment 234441
I am crossing the fingers .....

Uwe my friend, so far, this has not gone completely without breakage, if you look closely. I have learned from your experience, which is why I use the clamping bracket on the keel.

Today I have pretty much reached the top with the planking. Looking closely at thr Boudriot drawing, I recognized the change from clinker to caravel planking in the wales. So I put the first wale 2C 1-3 on the top plank No. 3.

Coureur_20210527_1.jpg

I worked my way forward from the rear.
To then arrive at the old wisdom, 2 times cut is still too short. Oops there is something missing.

Coureur_20210527_2.jpg

Coureur_20210528_1.jpg

Quickly inserted something before anyone notices.;)

Coureur_20210528_2.jpg

Am just setting the 2nd wale series 2B 1-3 and hope to finish the nailing soon.

Coureur_20210528_3.jpg

Coureur_20210528_4.jpg

Coureur_20210528_5.jpg

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hallo Adi,
it is looking very good - and you did it in the correct way.
Boudriot is showing in the cross section, that already the last plank is in "carvel - contact" with the lower wale
IMG-4923.jpg

and also the english contemporary drawing of the original captured vessel is showing this detail
detail frame.JPG

Due to the fact, that this joint is hard to acchieve I overlapped the plank with the wale - at the end only visble at the stern

Very good work my friend

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Congratulations for finishing the first half of the hull - so you made much more than 50% !!!!!!
This knowledge is helping very much to treat your mental confusion
Very good nailing work I have to say !!!