Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Other countries (except for the belgian Trappist beers) should learn from German breweries and introduce the reinheitsgebot!
Oh JA
We do not have these fancy tastes - but very good beer tastes
Looking at the four bottles shon by Adi - I am getting really dursty
As a Franke / German living since 20 years abroud - I miss also the german beer quality - maybe once Adi has to send me a "Care-Paket"

Wow, I didn't know that the Berg comes from Ehingen. We offer it in our hotel (now, of course it is closed, except for a few business travelers and ambulant patients of the university hospital) and it is very well demanded.

Your planking and nailing is looking very good my friend - I know, that this work is one of the harder one´s, but some time it will come to an end
Congratulations, that your vertical stern timbers are still alive - at this stage I had already 3 or 4 broken
Coureur_20210521_3.jpg
I am crossing the fingers .....

Your planking and nailing is looking very good my friend - I know, that this work is one of the harder one´s, but some time it will come to an end
Congratulations, that your vertical stern timbers are still alive - at this stage I had already 3 or 4 broken
View attachment 234441
I am crossing the fingers .....

Uwe my friend, so far, this has not gone completely without breakage, if you look closely. I have learned from your experience, which is why I use the clamping bracket on the keel.

Today I have pretty much reached the top with the planking. Looking closely at thr Boudriot drawing, I recognized the change from clinker to caravel planking in the wales. So I put the first wale 2C 1-3 on the top plank No. 3.

Coureur_20210527_1.jpg

I worked my way forward from the rear.
To then arrive at the old wisdom, 2 times cut is still too short. Oops there is something missing.

Coureur_20210527_2.jpg

Coureur_20210528_1.jpg

Quickly inserted something before anyone notices.;)

Coureur_20210528_2.jpg

Am just setting the 2nd wale series 2B 1-3 and hope to finish the nailing soon.

Coureur_20210528_3.jpg

Coureur_20210528_4.jpg

Coureur_20210528_5.jpg

Hallo Adi,
it is looking very good - and you did it in the correct way.
Boudriot is showing in the cross section, that already the last plank is in "carvel - contact" with the lower wale
IMG-4923.jpg

and also the english contemporary drawing of the original captured vessel is showing this detail
detail frame.JPG

Due to the fact, that this joint is hard to acchieve I overlapped the plank with the wale - at the end only visble at the stern

Very good work my friend

Congratulations for finishing the first half of the hull - so you made much more than 50% !!!!!!
This knowledge is helping very much to treat your mental confusion
Very good nailing work I have to say !!!

Congrats on yet another millstone, Adi! I agree with Uwe - accurately made bolts. Let's celebrate this accomplishment with a bottle of good Bavarian beer! It is hot for cognac thought. :cool:

Back