Le Coureur

Hi guys,
@Peter Voogt
@Jimsky
@pianoforte
@dockattner
@Heinrich
Thank you for your feedback.

The second pump is also finished and I have prepared the guns. First I had to align all the guns so that they were all crooked, then I removed the burrs, polished and blackened them. Now it's time to get ready for the David Garrett concert, I hope it doesn't start raining.

eZy Watermark_27-08-2023_04-23-44-3170PM.jpeg

Hello everyone,
I have to admit that Adi has infected me a bit and I don't want to leave him alone on the floor. Le Coureur is not quite finished yet and my goal is to finish the deck before the holidays. There are a lot of small construction sites. Since I'm sticking to the plans in the monograph on deck, I've removed the rear mast holder (red circle) and installed the rigging bracket.

View attachment 391633

View attachment 391634

Also turned the aft sail pole (sorry I don't know what it's called). I also rebuilt the pumps.

View attachment 391638

View attachment 391636

View attachment 391635

View attachment 391637

Further updates will follow.
Love your metal work, Tobias!

Witaj
Piękne pompy, bardzo ładnie wykonałeś metalowe części , lufy armat super., Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Beautiful pumps, you made the metal parts very nicely, the cannon barrels are great, Regards Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
your details are looking very good - Bravo
Du hast deinen Urlaub verdient
PS: do not forget to make the four small bolt heads for the hooks
View attachment 392229

Good morning Uwe, you're absolutely right, I mustn't forget the bolts. I still have a hell of a lot to learn and upgrade my tools to do with the fine brass work. Here I am studying Johann's reports in the AK forum very closely, from which one can learn a great deal.

What kind of vacation are you having? Or was Uwe referring to the concert? Und wie war das Konzert?

Hello Vic, thank you for your interest. The concert was once again very nice and we were lucky with the weather.

C601571E-A9CF-41D8-AD77-35A39D7A772B.jpeg

What Uwe meant, my wife and I will be spending the next 2 weeks in southern Europe, more precisely in Croatia.

Good morning Uwe, you're absolutely right, I mustn't forget the bolts. I still have a hell of a lot to learn and upgrade my tools to do with the fine brass work. Here I am studying Johann's reports in the AK forum very closely, from which one can learn a great deal.

Hello Vic, thank you for your interest. The concert was once again very nice and we were lucky with the weather.

View attachment 392363

What Uwe meant, my wife and I will be spending the next 2 weeks in southern Europe, more precisely in Croatia.
Good morning Tobias. Enjoy the holiday. Croatia is a beautiful country. I love it. Cheers Grant

Hi Stephan I use Ballstol Nerofor to blacken the nails that I have already inserted into the wood. Unfortunately, as I have learned from colleagues, this product is not available in the USA.

View attachment 418549
Tobias - thank you. I tried with another type of metal blackener. Sanded nail in raw wood, applied the liquid on wood and unfortunately it left a bluish color on the wood. I am assuming when you do yours, it does not color the planks and only the nails get black.

Tobias - thank you. I tried with another type of metal blackener. Sanded nail in raw wood, applied the liquid on wood and unfortunately it left a bluish color on the wood. I am assuming when you do yours, it does not color the planks and only the nails get black.
Any liquid put on the wood will, to some extent, leach into the grain. Including Brass Black.

Last edited:

you have to be very careful not to bring the blackening fluid on top of wood - I use a very fine paint brush and try only to touch the top of the nail.
Better to make it twice or three times with a very small quantity of fluid

Back