Le Coureur

Here are two samples that I made in advance Jim. There is cherry stain and beeswax and the slightly darker walnut stain with beeswax.
Great! I love the right example in the second image. It would be ideal for my taste! The bolts are not too prominent... Thumbsup But again, this is only for my taste, it is very subjective.

Very good progress my friend - you are working really fast.
Two friendly hints:
Maybe you remove the surplus glue on your planking fasterr, when it is still wet - according my experience removing dried glue is a much harder work
and
you should make at a joint two nails in the upper plank. with red arrow is only one nail - the other butt joint you made correct
The blue arrows are pointing the endings of the planking - in my personla opinion is only one nail at the lower edge of the plank and no second one over it, because you make a cut of planking (imaginary window) and no butt joint of two planks -> but this is a personal taste and personal decision.
D18ECA76-11FC-48B4-8743-CA5C3AF9ACF4.jpeg

You're doing really well and it looks quite nice. In this context, I find it exciting that we Coureur friends design our open planking sides so differently.
You are right - I remember, that I needed a longer time for the final decision, how I make my open hull.
And looking at the available hulld in our group - all "versions" are interesting to look at - so there are a lot of possibilities to solve or to arrange. Every model will be somehow different ...... Great work
BTW: Tobias, you are doing a very good job - Wish you a happy nailing

Oh - a new family member
Now she / he is sweet - later she / he will be big
A realy good looking one - I like the ridgies very much - so the next weeks will be more time with the doig and less with the Coureur, I guess

Yes Uwe there won't be that much time for Le Coureur but ER (Cooper) still sleeps a lot and my wife and I are on vacation.

Hallo zusammen, danke an allen, die mir ein Like hinterlassen haben und danke für das Lob. Wie ich in einem Post von mir anmerkte, wollte ich die offene Seite etwas anders gestalten als Uwe und Adi, in meinem Fall habe ich die Beplankung nicht vom Kiel weg nach oben gezogen, weil ich mehr von der inneren Struktur der zeigen wollte Spannweiten und Kiel. Jim: Das Öl ist auf den Bildern nicht ganz trocken und deshalb sieht man einen Glanz, jetzt wo es trocken ist, ist es seidenmatt und sieht noch besser aus. Nun zum Schluss, ich habe es nicht so perfekt hinbekommen wie Uwe und Adi und ich habe im Netz nach Lösungen gesucht und bin fündig geworden.

google translation:
Hello everyone, thank you to everyone who left me a like and thank you for the praise. As I noted in a post of mine, I wanted to design the open side a little differently than Uwe and Adi, in my case I did not pull the planking upwards away from the keel because I wanted to show more of the inner structure of the spans and keel . Jim: The oil is not completely dry in the pictures and so you can see a sheen, now that it is dry it is semi-gloss and looks even better. Finally, I didn't manage it as perfectly as Uwe and Adi and I looked for solutions online and found what I was looking for.

349075EE-9AE1-43AC-8ADE-168F931E4D30.jpeg

Es heißt Fashion Piece und ist Teil des Heckrahmens. Es wurde für Klinkerverkleidungen verwendet. Der Grund ist, dass, wenn es nicht da wäre, die Brettenden freigelegt würden. Eindringendes Wasser führt schnell zu Fäulnis.

It's called the fashion piece and is part of the rear frame. It was used for clinker cladding. The reason is that if it weren't there, the board ends would be exposed. Penetrating water quickly leads to rot.

E03F1B00-6A1D-48E4-9024-3FE8EB4427F2.jpeg

DEBFED01-B707-4BDB-957B-392577E2285E.jpeg

Pictures before the conversion of the fashion piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back