Le Coureur

Progress can be seen. 10 rows of planks are attached. Every now and then you have to make small corrections to the frames. For example, by not filing the laser marking 100% or because the marking is not exactly exact, however there will still be a few hours of planking ahead of me. I wish you a good Sunday evening.

8F9A7067-8FC4-42C0-9498-B86CB1C59381.jpeg89B6A23D-4871-444A-8EBF-32852BBF630E.jpeg40E0B603-AB60-469B-96F3-72870272E485.jpeg

You are really on a good way with your planking.
The outside view is the most important thing, especially if you close ther hull side completely with planking.
Nobody will see later on the "teeth" of the frames .....

Turned out very well Tobias, I like the blackend wales.

Thank you very much Adi
I thought for a long time whether I should bring color into the game or not because I like the natural environment very much, but I think it was the right decision. At the weekend I'll start with the nails.

Thanks Uwe. Yes, the other side is still to be done, but I think I'll experiment a little, let's see what comes out of it.

Regarding the nails, I bought the nails you recommended and have already experimented with them a bit and I think I'll black them out, but I'm not quite sure about this yet.

Hello guys, thank you for all your comments and likes, I was very happy.

At the moment I'm in the process of fitting the planking with the copper nails. Crazy work.ROTF
As soon as I have mastered this construction phase, I will also show you the result.

Until then, have fun building.Beer

Hello guys, thank you for all your comments and likes, I was very happy.

At the moment I'm in the process of fitting the planking with the copper nails. Crazy work.ROTF
As soon as I have mastered this construction phase, I will also show you the result.

Until then, have fun building.Beer
Hallo and a good morning Tobias,
do not wait with progress photos until the nailing is finished - we have nothing against to see also your work in between......

I love (actually put 'love' emotion on your post) the way you presented bolts! Accurate and fit into scale. Bravo! For my personal taste, it looks too 'busy', if you understand what I mean... If you plan to finish the hull using the oil, then it might darken the timber so 'bolts' will not stand proud as much.
But that's only my subjective view, the way I see it. It is all about preference and taste.

Back