New design Le Cygne 1806 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard

Victor, are the deck beams planned to die? In the images, they are flat, like the deck itself.

It has been ages since the last update, there's two main reasons:
1, I've been busy and the conversation with ancre was pushing slowly.
2, The main reason is that, one month ago, just few days after the last update, there was a heavy rain, and some water seeped into our studio and severely damaged the model. Sad. All I can do was to do the repairment and it took me quite a few days. So it gives you folks a reminder, that keep your model safe, weither it's finished or not.
42.jpg
But anyway, here it back again. Since the deck was damaged, we changed all of it, with the new premade nails it should now looks better.
43.jpg
I've also changed the swan, make it more "artistic".
46.jpg
I made all the masts, also a pic to show the making of it. They are a bit rough since I made all of them within a day.
Although it might not good for me to say, but I'd like to give credits to the designs that we draw lessons from. So I'll here give a credit to "master-korabel", for their talented design.
44.jpg45.jpg
More updates of riggings will come soon, here's how the ship now looks:
47.jpg

Your update is a great Holidays gift to our members! Thank you! what is the smallest model on the far left? Looks like many parts are made from resin, and Her shape is a Frigate?

The figure head bird and wings look very well done.

Did real ship have two types of wood for top deck, or was that done in kit for better looks?

The figure head bird and wings look very well done.

Did real ship have two types of wood for top deck, or was that done in kit for better looks?
The french had not only the kings-plank which was thicker, but also other planks with were thicker - and these thick-stuff-planks could be made out of different timber

she is looking very good - I like this model very much - Very good work

Back