LE FRANÇOIS 1683, scale 1/48, by José

Hi. I want to show you this work I began some years ago, Le François, a small 5th class vessel from the end of the 17th century (1683), author Jean-Claude Lemineur.
Anyway, I've got very slow progress because I can't devote it as much time I'd want.

I'm using pearwood (above all), ebony and boxwood.

The base of the building board is 2 cms thick. The height of the upper jig is positioned on the waterline.

The keel has got four pieces and it's not flat (it's a curiosity), has a slight tilt in bow and stern. There is no false keel in this model.

The rabbets angles are temporarily formed, once the frames have installed the final shape will take place.

All parts of the keel, stem, inner stem and rising-wood are glued.

The stern-post is not glued to the whole, by now, in order to work more comfortable on stern parts.

Frames are formed by three different thicks, at 1/48 scale are four, three and two mm, from the bottom to the top. By now, I'm only making the foot of frames to check how fit on the keel.

Best regards,

Jose

Hallo Jose, alias @José_B
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you very much, Uwe! Nowadays, I'm a bit busy due to job matters and I have no time to spend on my passion but I keep on following this great and pleasant forum, maintaining the illusion for our hobby.

Last edited:
Hi. I want to show you this work I began some years ago, Le François, a small 5th class vessel from the end of the 17th century (1683), author Jean-Claude Lemineur.
Anyway, I've got very slow progress because I can't devote it as much time I'd want.

The base of the building board is 2 cms thick. The height of the upper jig is positioned on the waterline.

The keel has got four pieces and it's not flat (it's a curiosity), has a slight tilt in bow and stern. There is no false keel in this model.

The rabbets angles are temporarily formed, once the frames have installed the final shape will take place.

The stern-post is not glued to the whole, by now, in order to work more comfortable on stern parts.

Frames are formed by three different thicks, at 1/48 scale are four, three and two mm, from the bottom to the top. By now, I'm only making the foot of frames to check how fit on the keel.

Best regards,

Jose
Hallo Jose alias @José_B
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Le François going? Would be interesting to see your progress ....

I am very happy to see and read your update - happy to have you back modeling.....
and btw very good work on the capstan

Once more a very good detail more...... very good

Best regards,

Jose
Hallo Jose alias @José_B
Birthday-Cake

Back