Le Redoutable 1/48

ROTF a little bit noisy. Here is the arrangement from the America. A similar 74er. A bed, a chair, a cupboard. There is no space for other items
in the officercabins.

View attachment 237649
Usually these walls were very light and were removed during action , so that a hit could not produce splinters
On two or three photos of the Hermione you can see such fastenings of the walls

I just checked the wording attached to the contemporary drawing of the captured Tigre at the NMM

j3350.jpg
Scale: 1:48. Plan showing the body plan with stern board outline, sheer lines with inboard detail, and longitudinal half-breadth for 'Tigre' (1795), a captured French Third Rate, as taken off at Portsmouth Dockyard prior to being fitted as 74-gun Third Rate, two-decker. Later alterations sent to Portsmouth on 24 August 1797. Signed by Edward Tippet [Master Shipwright, Portsmouth Dockyard, 1793-1799].

prior to being fitted
and
Later alterations

I interprete these information in such a way, that all the green lines are describing the changes they made in the shipyard after the capture,

means, that the french Tigre had these windows and gunports
j3350a.jpg

and the british decided to change this part, f.e they closed the windows and opened gunports
j3350b.jpg

The green one looks lika a window as well. Combines with the internal arrangement of a 74er.
I gues, that it was already a gunport and no window

Based on my interpretation your 3D-design
cad41.jpg

is showing the french Tigre

This is the window.
The dimensions are strange because f the parapet height looks more a gunport.
My CAD-Data is rough in this details, there´s a lot of work to do.

1623153046346.png

This is the window.
The dimensions are strange because f the parapet height looks more a gunport.
My CAD-Data is rough in this details, there´s a lot of work to do.

View attachment 237786

OK, but it seems, that your deck plan is showing a cut along this line (blue)
j3350aa.jpg

than you would have four gunports (green arrows) and two windows (red arrows) which are not shown in the deck plan
1623153046346a.png

Thanks for the Info. I don´t have this plans. What i know is that most of these plan shows only the hull and the geometry and not more details. In this aspect the english plans are very detailed. To get plans from the SHD is very complicated and not possible via online.
The big windows in the saloon seems that are backup for additional canons. The dimension are equal like the gunports. Without the windows, the ship has 76 guns at the moment.

The sqares are planes. The planes defines a positions in X, Y or Z. They can be used as a workingplanes (Arbeitsebenen).
The greens are the Waterlines, the lighter blues are the position form the sections from the NMM-Plan. Yellow ist the middle from a doubleframe, Pink/red is the front/Backside from the doubleframe ect....
Unfortunatly the screengrab looks like a Minecraftship. :confused:

1623750665156.png

Just for later reference to follow your work I checked the NMM and found thr drawings

j2666.jpg
Scale: 1:48. Plan showing the body plan, stern board outline with decoration detail and the name in a cartouche on the stern counter, sheer lines with inboard detail and figurehead, and longitudinal half-breadth for Pompee (1794), a captured French Third Rate, as taken off at Portsmouth Dockyard prior to fitting as a 74-gun third Rate, two-decker. Signed by Edward Tippet [Master Shipwright, Portsmouth Dockyard, 1793-1799].

j2890.jpg
Scale: 1:48. Plan showing the quarterdeck and forecastle for 'America' (1794), a captured French Third Rate, prior to fitting as a 74-gun Third Rate, two-decker at Portsmouth Dockyard. Note that by Admiralty Order 14 July 1795 her name was changed to 'Impetueux'.

I canm fully understand, that you are working on this project - it will be very interesting to follow

Back