Le Redoutable 1/48

Interesting to see, that you first glue the parts together and afterwards you cut out the form of the frames.
For the final form you are follwing only one side of the paper, or?
So the paper with red arrow will be the cut line - the paper marked with green arrow will be not necessary, or?

20210722_225059.jpg

Whic glue are you using for fixing the paper on the timber? I am using fixo-gum from Marebo - highly recommended

Last edited:
Sehr gute Arbeit und wunderschönes Holz !!!
Wonderfull work my friend and a beautiful color (the timber)
One question: we see that you cut the frame floor timber for the keelson with 15° - but I guess the angle is changing with every frame, or?

Thank you Uwe. The angles are for the uprising frames. The notches follows the uprising keelson, on the bottom as well the uprising deadwoods.
Thanks for the clarification and the sketch.
So every floor timber has a different angle.....
Is the soba fitting under our machine / mill?

@Uwek

Nope, unfortunatly. There are three sizes S/M/L. My is the M-Size. I have to use my old Proxxon drillstand. I tought that it fits in the FF but its a little bit to big. I needed to change in a smaller one but i didn´t. This was the right choice. If you need to mill big parts you need a bigger vice with a maximum height to clamp the parts. With the small vice you get problems.

@Uwek

Nope, unfortunatly. There are three sizes S/M/L. My is the M-Size. I have to use my old Proxxon drillstand. I tought that it fits in the FF but its a little bit to big. I needed to change in a smaller one but i didn´t. This was the right choice. If you need to mill big parts you need a bigger vice with a maximum height to clamp the parts. With the small vice you get problems.
man kann nicht alles gleichzzeitig haben und nur auf einer Hochzeit tanzen - Many Thanks for the Info

Back